Wei Wuxian? Dead?

Yinhwa's Pov

A week passed in the blink of an eye, and in a fit of maniacal laughter, I exclaimed, "He He He He He HA HA HA HA HA" I reveled in the completion of my creation.

"It's done! It's perfect. I must be a genius!!" I declared, swiftly activating the newly formed teleportation talisman and whisking myself away to the Burial Mounds.

Stealthily observing from behind a tree, I witnessed a scene of turmoil,

Wei Wuxian appeared furious, Ah-Yuan was in tears, while Wen Qing attempted to console the distraught child, and Wen Ning was in a state of panic.

"Wen Ning explained that Ah-Yuan inadvertently plucked the lotus sprout Young Master Wei was cultivating," Wen Qing disclosed, appealing for understanding due to Ah-Yuan's tender age.

"It's fine. It's just my fate," Wei Wuxian muttered gloomily, to which I retorted, "Fate my ass," kicked him with my foot, sending him tumbling into the nearby pond. "What are you so upset for?"

“Yinhwa!” Wen Qing called out, rushing over to embrace me. "Hey, how are you?" I asked, greeted by her radiant smile.

"I'm doing like shit!!" she confessed cheerfully which prompting a chuckle from me.

"I've brought some fruits and meat. They're in the bag over there," I pointed surreptitiously to the stash hidden behind the tree where I'd been lurking.

"Really!? Fantastic! Let’s have a feast today!" She enthused, but I shook my head in response.

"Why are you getting so depressed for? It was just a sprout." I questioned Wei Wuxian, kneeling beside the pond. "Hey, I nurtured it with love and care." he responded with a pout.

"Yeah right!!"

"Give me a hand," He asked, and as I extended my hand, he mischievously pulled me into the water. Struggling and nearly drowning, I gasped.

"Wei-Wu-Wuxian, I I-- ugh! I can't swim," Before he swiftly pulled me up by the waist. "Why didn't you tell me that first!?" he exclaimed.

"Did you ask!?" I exclaimed back. "You came back!" He asked, his somber tone transforming into joy.

"Of course I did," I chuckled. "Does your brother know?" He asked, and I shook my head. "He doesn't. I snuck out," I revealed with a smile.

"How can I thank you? You do so much for me," Wei Wuxian expressed his gratitude, but I shook my head in dismissal.

Utilizing some of my spiritual power, I caused Lotus flowers to bloom around us, astonishing him.

"How did you do that?" he asked, bewildered. "What? You can summon dead corpses but I can't grow a few flowers?" I teased, leading him to playfully dunk me in the water.

"Okay... wuuu... buuluu... I'm sorry!" I managed between gasps and we clambered out of the pond. As Yuan rushed to hug me and I stopped him. "Ah-Yuan, no! Stop!"

This prompted him to cry.

"Wuaaaaaa, both Wei Ge-Ge and Hwa Jie-Jie hateeee meeee~~," He sobbed, and I hurriedly crouched down.

"No, no, Yuan, it's not like that. See, my dress is wet. If you hug me, you'll get wet too. That's why I stopped you, okay?" I explained, and he nodded in understanding.

Later, Wei Wuxian and I sought refuge in a cave, his always dirty cave, where I kindled a bonfire and stood before it. Engrossed in conversation about various topics, we whiled away the time.

Fast Forward One Year Later...

"Are you done!? How much more time are you going to take to get ready?" my brother impatiently inquired. "Hey, I want to look good, okay?" I retorted, still preparing.