The Official Classes

Yinhwa's Pov

Today was the official day of lectures, and as I made my way to the classroom, Wei Wuxian called out, "Miss Chang..." But I pretended not to hear him.

"Chang Yinhwa," he whined, while Yanli, who was walking with me, chuckled at the scene. I continued to ignore him.

"Madam Chang..., Yinhwaaaaa, Hwa hwaaaa," he tried various ways to call my name. "What do you want?" Annoyed, I finally turned back and glared at him.

"Why are you smiling?"

"You finally looked at me," He replied, and then he playfully put both of his hands around my waist, pulling me closer. "Let me go!!" I tried to break free from his grasp.

"I'm sorryyyy, it's my fault. I'll catch you a hundred fishes if you want. Forgive me," He pouted, attempting to make amends. His handsome face was challenging to resist.

"Okay, fine. Now let me go," I sighed, and he surprised me with a quick peck on the cheek. I touched my cheeks, surprised. "What are you doing?"

"It's my way of apologizing," He replied cheekily and we shared a moment of laughter. "If you're done, can you two go in already?" Jin Zixuan interrupted us, feeling irritated.

Wei Wuxian welcomed him with a wave of his hand. "Ah, Young Master Jin, after you." Jin Zixuan entered the hall with an air of annoyance.

"Go in already," Jiang Cheng urged, giving Wei Wuxian a little kick. I chuckled as we followed Jin Zixuan into the lecture hall.

Inside, Jiang Cheng approached me with a hint of guilt. "Miss Chang, I'm sorry about last night. I didn't know it was yours."

"It's fine, it's not your fault. And you can call me normally. I'm still younger than you. No need to be so formal," I shook my head, reassuring him.

Later we did some small talk and took our seats. Lan Quiren began explaining the principles of Gusu. As Lan Quiren's lecture continued, I found it utterly boring.

My mind was wandering, and I couldn't help but feel restless. 'Wow!! So fucking boring! Now I understand why Qingqiu escaped for some other kingdom in the name of business.'

Then, out of nowhere, Wei Wuxian sneaked up to Lan Quiren and stuck an ugly drawing on his back, which made us all start chuckling.

"What happened? Stop laughing," Lan Quiren said, obviously confused, before resuming his lecture taking his seat infront of us.

Lan Wangji, who had noticed the drawing, removed it and shot Wei Wuxian a disapproving glare.

Wei Wuxian created a red paper puppet, making it appear as if it were flying toward Lan Wangji. But Lan Quiren swiftly caught him doing it.

"Wei Ying!!" He yelled, and Wei Wuxian stood up as Lan Wangji crushed the paper puppet on his shoulder.

"Now that you don't need my lecture, let me ask you, are Yao, Demons, Ghosts, and Monsters the same?" Lan Quiren questioned. Wei Wuxian confidently answered the question.

Lan Quiren continued with a series of questions, and Wei Wuxian answered each of them correctly, looking rather smug. However, he wasn't impressed.

"You should have been very familiar with these and known them by heart since you're the head disciple of Yunmeng Clan, So there is nothing to be proud of even if you answered correctly."

Then Lan Quiren posed a puzzling scenario, "Let me ask you again. There's an executioner with parents, a wife, and children. But before he died, he executed more than 100 people."