Clan Leader Nie

Yinhwa's Pov

"Lady... Lady Chang, wake up, wake up!" My maid cheerfully prodded. "Nooo, let me sleep more," I whined, turning over and burying my face in the blanket.

"Madam, it's already noon," she giggled. "Nooo, I don't want to. It's been a long time since I had a good night's sleep," I melodically crooned off-key, and she burst into laughter.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you sleep. The Clan Leader is asking for you," She explained. I turned to face her. "Why?" I asked, puzzled, and she shrugged.

"He was discussing your marriage with Clan Leader Nie. He instructed me to tell you to wear a decent dress," She relayed, and I scowled. 'But I've already turned him down.'

"Chifeng Zun is here?" I asked, slipping off my robe to sink into the bathtub. "Yes, they were having a very serious conversation," she confirmed. After preparing, I went to meet them.

"Brother Qingqiu, Clan Leader Nie," I greeted as I bowed upon entering

"Brother Qingqiu, Clan Leader Nie," I greeted as I bowed upon entering. "Have, a seat," Qingqiu invited, and I settled opposite Nie Mingjue, with my brother sitting between us.

Dao arrived, setting out some alcohol and giving me a thumbs-up before departing. I chuckled and shook my head.

Pouring wine into two cups, I placed them before Qingqiu and Nie Mingjue.

"Yinhwa, I want you to get married to Chifeng-Zun," Qingqiu declared, and I glanced at him. "Are you certain, Brother?" I asked, but he nodded.

"You're at a suitable age for marriage, Wanyin doesn't seem like he'll marry anyone soon." He pointed out, cutting off any argument I might have had.

"If you're planning to say you hate him, I won't accept it!" He warned, and I pouted.

"I haven't even said anything yet," I retorted, sighing as I interlaced my fingers beneath the table. "Are you sure he's the right match for me?"

"Well, he's handsome, wealthy, devoted, and he loves you, what else do you want?" Qingqiu listed, and I sighed, finally turning to Nie Mingjue.

"Do you genuinely love me?" I asked, and he nodded. "Very much,"

"Curious, what draws you to me?" I frowned, fixing my gaze on him.

"Your face, your physique, or perhaps your fragrance?" He responded, and his words grated on me. "You--!" I began, ready to reprimand him, but he cut me off.

"More than anything, it's your unwavering confidence that captivates me."

"Your ability to stand your ground for your loved ones, the extraordinary lengths you go to support them," He admitted, causing a blush to spread across my cheeks as I took my seat.

"Above all, you complete me. Before you, I felt incomplete. I wholeheartedly love you, Yinhwa." He professed, and I covered my face in disbelief.

"How can you express such cheesy words with such a stern expression?" I asked, to which he chuckled.