and, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23

Comenzar desde el principio

"What?" Ralph asked.

"You know, sometimes I hate being right all the time," Amunet said, standing from her seat.

Now, Ralph, completely back to his normal form, stared at the two awkwardly. "Uh-"

"Ralph, get out of there."

Ralph nervously chuckled before he quickly turned around, going through the boxing ring. He had just gotten out of it when Amunet shot pieces of metal towards him, but missed by mere seconds. "Damn it!" She exclaimed, stomping her foot like a child.

STAR Labs

That night, Cisco, Caitlin, Ralph, Iris and Mon-El stood in the cortex, looking at Kara. "I mean, there has to be another way," Cisco said.

"There isn't," Kara sternly said, "There is one card left to play. Go to Iron Heights, and stop the deal before it happens."

"You're talking about finding Amunet, plus a prison full of armed meta-guards on their turf," Caitlin said.

"I will knock down every single one of those guards if I have to to save Barry," Kara told her, "We can do this."

"Alright," Cisco muttered before he looked back at Ralph, "Let's go."

"Yeah, uh," Ralph muttered as Kara got up from her seat, "Maybe not this time."

"What? Why?" Kara asked.

"Look, you — You're gonna have a better chance at saving Barry without me," Ralph said.

"Ralph, you know that isn't true," Iris said.

"I just screwed everything up. You know what could happen if I screw it up again?" Ralph asked.

"You won't," Kara told him.

"Okay, you know what?" Cisco said, grabbing hold of Ralph's arm, "Maybe we just need to talk this out, let's go visit with Doctor Hallway, come on-"

"Look, bud," Ralph said, pulling himself from Cisco's grip, "Talk's not gonna fix my head. I just can't do it this time, guys. Sorry I let you down."

"What?" Kara asked as Ralph began to walk out of the cortex.

"Hey. Hey, Ralph!" Cisco called out but got no response.

Iron Heights Prison

Barry and the bus metas walked through a corridor, where they were met with a door and a key pad. "Looks like we're finally in the old prison. We must be close," Becky said.

"Closer than we think," Barry said, pointing at the key pad, "I know this lock. It's the same kind they use in the general population wing, which means there are no meta dampeners on the other side of this door. We get through, we get our powers back."

"Well, that's all I needed to hear," Rundine said, walking up to the door, "Out of the way."

Barry stepped back as Rundine charged into the door, attempting to knock it down like in the movies. But no such luck. "You good?" Barry asked.

"No brains, no brawn," Mina said.

"Allow me," Deacon said, stepping forward with the pipe still in hand, "I may not have my power-" He knocked the key pad down with the pipe, "But I don't need them to hack my way out of trouble. Give me a few minutes."

Becky then looked down at Barry's hand and saw that it was starting to swell up. "Come here," she said, taking the hand.

"What, no, I'm fine, it doesn't really hurt," he told her.