𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , insatiable

Start from the beginning

The brunette turned, looking around her again until she saw a silver gate behind her, left open. It drew her in, like an electrical pulse inside of her, telling her something was that way, Lydia. With a stealth to her walk, Kinsey walked closer to the gate, a small tunnel, a light at the other end as she slowly stepped into it, her walk turning into her run as she followed the muffled voices in her ears, hoping that they were real voices, not just the ones of people who had died here just as she would. Her boots clicked against the floor of the concrete tunnel, the voices getting closer, more distinct until she recognized them as Scott and Stiles.

"No. No, no, no." Lydia's panicked voice mumbled as she looked at the two boys. "Wait. Why are you here?"

"Lydia." Stiles deadpanned. "We're here for you."

"You weren't supposed to be here." Lydia began panting, freaking out at the two of them. "You didn't get my message?" She asked as she looked at the werewolf with tears in her eyes.

"Lydia, what's happening?" Scott questioned her, unsure what message she meant.

"Who else is here?" Her voice was in a murmur for a second before it quickly turned to a shout, the desperation in her voice clear to the boys. "Who came with you? Who else is here?" The wolf turned around to look at his pale, sickly best friend who looked just as concerned as he did. The two began listing off names. Allison, Isaac, Kira. And the final one. Kinsey. "No. No, no, no. She's got to get out of here. Now!"

As the three began rushing back down the tunnel, Kinsey took the lead, running back to where her fight had been taking place, where her death took place. Lydia was desperate to stop it, but Kinsey knew, just as she had known for weeks, there was nothing that would stop her death. It was inevitable. And it seemed that she was about to see it, feel it, one last time before the death took place for real. She quickly found herself beside Allison again, looking at the huntress as she reached for her final arrow, a worried look across her face, she knew it was her last shot, if it did no harm, she was defenseless, Isaac too. He wasn't strong enough to fight against them, they'd torn him apart, down to his knees, Oni around him ready to end him with one more slash to his chest. Allison grabbed the arrow, pulling back her bow as she aimed for the Oni with its sword raised. It felt as though time slowed, every second counting on this single arrow. They watched as it flew through the air, landing in the chest of the Oni. The creature froze, as did they as they watched with slack jaws. Its weapon dropping to the floor, the ninja placed its hand on its chest. A greenish-yellow light emitted from its wound. Like a firefly.

The ground shook beneath them as the Oni perished into a cloud of dark smoke, defeated. The brunette girl looked to her right, a smile across her face as she looked at Allison, wondering if it was not in fact her death she was seeing, but whether it was her mind showing her how to defeat the Oni. And then she saw it. An Oni running straight towards them, the ninjato out stretched as it prepared for the hit.

With horror in her eyes Kinsey dropped her daggers, both of them clanging on the ground as she grabbed Allison's arms, spinning the two of them around just in time for the sword to pierce into her back, straight through her stomach, tearing through the flesh as she watched Allison's face, a scream of her name. A light faded out of her eyes as the sword was pulled back out of her, falling into Allison's arms as the two of them dropped to the floor, the older brunette sobbing.

Her scarlet blood stained her lips as she tried to cough out her words, her hands on her bloody wound, it was almost ironic, the shade of her blood was the same shade as the polish she wore.

"Kinsey. Kinsey. No, no, no. Kinsey, stay with me." Allison pleaded through her sob as she placed pressure on the wound.

"It's okay." Kinsey reassured her with a bloody smile. "It doesn't hurt. It's okay." She murmured.