CHAPTER 22

Grace hated that there is a pandemic going on right now because she couldn't go on her normal speed walk. She came up with a new routine which was to take her walk around her property. As she was finishing her last lap, reaching her front door she was met with crazy unexpected package. Was her eyes deceiving her or did someone leave a baby at her front door?

Once in the living room she calls for her boyfriend Todd.

"Yes, sweetness how may I help you? But first, is that a baby? Not that I would have a problem but just curious...."

"No." Grace says to him interrupting knowing what he was thinking. "He is not mine nor one of my grandbabies. Your sweet but still young, you know I have reach that age where more children is off limits, read this." She tells him handing him the letter that was left inside the baby's bag.

"Wait a minute this is Earnest and Alyssa's kid? The only way this could true is if someone has actually taken them both out."

Grace believe the same, "I been watching the news and heard about the deadly territory war going on, but nothing about neither one of them being dead."

"Maybe we should call everyone over and figure out what is going on."

Grace agreed that would be a good idea.

(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

Mia while in the kitchen working on her laptop is soon joined by the love of her life Jose. She also notice the what the fuck expression on his face.

"Babe what's with the look?"

"One of the US Marshals just called me to let me in on so information that has not gone public yet."

"Okay what is it? Tell me. You're scaring me Jose, please just spit it out."

"I know you and your father didn't have the best of relationships, but what I'm about to say doesn't make it much easier.... Your dad along with Alyssa was found dead early this morning."

"What!?" Was all Mia could say.

Jose pulls her to him for comfort and begins to tell her all that he was just told, which surprised the hell out of him.

"They arrested my parents feeling they had something to do with it."

"Do they have evidence on that? If so that would mean you wouldn't have to go against them in court."

"No sorry, but their only being held on drug charges right now hoping to find the evidence needed to put them away for the murders. That's why they called me to let me know if found I wouldn't have to go and could be released out of the witness protection program if I wanted."

"But what about your brother Juan? You haven't said anything about him yet."

"Ya I know. I just don't want you to freak out, but he was able to ditch them."

Now Mia's really is nervous.

"Everything is going to be fine, we have security."

Hearing that didn't make her feel any better, but she couldn't dwell on that. After receiving a call from her mother she and Jose had to head to her house. She was wondering was it about her father? Did they call her about his death yet? If not should she tell her mom right now? She just didn't know, but they headed out to see what other drama was going on.