Apple pie with vanilla ice cream

"Hey, everything okay?" asked my mom worriedly walking into the kitchen. "Yeah, everything's fine" I said letting go of the hug and wiping away some tears that fell from my eyes. "Just siblings talk" Chris replied smiling. "I love you so much, my loves" expressed my mom with a smile giving us a hug. "Let's serve dessert because the others are going to freak out" I said jokingly to calm the mood a bit.

I think I've always had a really good relationship with my family, we've been close and we are there for each other when we need it, I would give my life for them and I know they would give their life for me, Will is the only one that most of the time is left out because of his way of being and his ideas, it could be said that he is the black sheep of the family. Since we were little Chris and I played without problems but Will would fight and throw tantrums, we still love him very much. I'm happy for the family I got.

My mom, Chris and I served dessert for each guest and us, it was apple pie with vanilla ice cream, it's one of my favorite desserts.

We grabbed our plates and headed to the dining room to give everyone their dessert. "We thought you guys had already kept dessert for yourselves," joked Ash. "Almost, we came close to eating it all" I said playing along. "Hey, everything okay?" asked Lizzie as I sat down. "Yeah, all good" I replied taking a bite of the apple pie. "Are you sure?" she kept asking. "Mm yes, sure" I told her continuing to eat "What about you, are you okay?" I asked a little coldly. "Yeah, I think this was what I needed, time with you and our families" Lizzie confessed with a half smile and placing her hand on mine.

"This pie is delicious, and the ice cream too, I don't think I've ever tasted ice cream so creamy" acknowledged Lily enjoying every bite of her dessert. "Y/N made it, she's a great chef" commented Lizzie taking a spoonful of her ice cream. "It's not a big deal" I argued hiding my face in my hands. "I must say Lizzie's right, I remember when Y/N was three and it was Thanksgiving, I started making the pumpkin pie for the dinner we had organized and I left things on the table because I had to go to the bathroom, and when I came back, Y/N had climbed up on a chair and was stirring the mixture for the pie filling, the following years she made the pumpkin pie and then she started making cookies, cakes, among other things, but everything was delicious, I just had to make sure they didn't burn" my mom concluded proudly with a smile and with some tears in her eyes.

"I remember that, the funniest thing was that no one had taught her how to do it and she looked like a professional, even though she ended up all muddy with dough" added Chris. "That's why I always said my granddaughter was going to go far," my grandma confessed, watching me with a smile. "If you hadn't done well in the modeling world maybe you'd be a chef right now, with a 3-star restaurant" expressed Ash waggling her eyebrows. "Yeah sure, especially with 3 stars, maybe it's just a hobby that I enjoy very much." I continued with a nervous laugh.

"Hey Y/N your birthday is in two weeks, right?" asked MK changing the subject. "Oh yeah, what plans do you have to celebrate it?" continued Ash. "I haven't really figured out what to do yet" I acknowledged with a half smile. "I think it would be a good idea if we had a dinner party, let's get in touch to plan everything!" said Ash excitedly. "I want to plan Y/N's birthday too!" complained Lizzie pouting. "Oh my goodness, what a baby!" reacted MK rolling her eyes playfully. "You can plan it too, you can plan it all if you want" I said in a sweet voice as if Lizzie and I were alone. "Simp!" shouted Chris teasing me. "Okay, I think it's time we watch a movie, what do you guys think?" I suggested with embarrassment at what I had just done. "Now she wants to pretend nothing happened," MK joked. "We'll remind you of this for the rest of your life, or when you do something else proving you're in love with our Lizard" said Ash teasing me."Yes, what they said, but I do want to watch a movie" giggled Lily standing up from the table in unison with the others who were laughing.

"But before we go watch the movie there's something I want to tell you guys" announced Lizzie without taking her eyes off me, raising her voice for all to hear. "What is it Lizard?" asked Jarnie paying attention to what Lizzie had to say. "I've made a decision and I'm 100% sure of it" she stated. "Go ahead, we're listening" indicated my mom for Lizzie to continue.

"I'm coming out publicly" acknowledged Lizzie looking at me with a smile. "And well, my chance with Y/N went dooowwn the drain" Ash groaned making us laugh. "You missed your chance of eating delicious desserts every day, sis" MK continued putting her hand on Ash's shoulder. "If you're sure about that, you know you have our full support" expressed Jarnie with a smile "you know we just want you to be happy, and that you are sure of every decision you make" she continued expressing. "Thanks mom, I just want to be with Y/N ​​and I'm sure of it" Lizzie expressed with a half smile. "From our side you also have all the support in the world" declared my mom "we've seen how much good you have done for Y/N in such a short time and we are very fond of you and your family" she continued. "I don't know, I don't give Y/N permission yet" joked Chris making us laugh. "Oh shut up! Like you have to give her permission" replied Lily punching my brother in the shoulder.

I already knew Lizzie had made that decision but for her to say it in front of our families and to have organized a dinner just to do it leaves me speechless. I didn't know what to do, I was just blinking and shifting glances around the room until my gaze met Chris' and he smiled at me, it wasn't just any smile, it was a proud smile and I didn't even know why he was proud but something happened in me that I also made a decision and I was 100% sure of it.