Do you think we can?

When I got to my apartment I noticed Kate's car parked at the curb. I opened the door to find the TV on with some trashy show and Kate asleep on the couch. She looks so peaceful in her sleep.

I carefully closed the door, turned off the TV and carried Kate over to my bed to sleep better. As I was about to cover her up, she started to wake up. "Hey baby, how did it go with the girls?" she said smiling sleepily and rubbing her eyes. "It went great, we went to Nocciola. We talked about a lot of things" I said laying down next to her. "That's good love. I have some news" she said putting her head on my chest. "Yes? I have news for you too. Tell me yours first" I said rubbing her back. "I was offered an opening at Harvard, the director of NYU recommended me, they want me to start teaching as soon as possible" Kate said as she traced delicate patterns on my abdomen. Everything was silent for a few seconds that felt like an eternity, I straightened up on the back of the bed as Kate watched me waiting for an answer. "Congratulations, I'm proud of you, what do you plan to do?" I said a little stunned by the news. "Well I thought you could move in with me, get on with our life over there" Kate said surprised by my lack of enthusiasm as she rubbed my thigh. "No, I can't move with you and leave my whole life behind, my friends, my job. Today morning I got an email from Ella telling me that the Olsen twins want to work with me, THE OLSEN TWINS! Legends" I told her as I paced back and forth in my room "I can't go with you and let that opportunity slip through my fingers. It's what I've always wanted and you know it. Your position at NYU is great, your students love you, You don't even know what things are like at Harvard and if you're really going to like everything there. I can't leave with you Kate, as much as I love you and want a life with you" I said grabbing my hair a little annoyed and with one hand on my waist. "I didn't know about the Olsen twins and I know it's what you've always wanted and believe me I'm so happy and proud for you" Kate said looking down at the floor. "But..." I said waiting for her to continue talking. "But this is something I've always wanted too, my position is good and everything at NYU is good, but it's a dream I've had since I was a little girl, to teach at Harvard, I also can't let this opportunity slip through my fingers and I can't let the opportunity to work on 'The Row' slip away from you" she continued as she walked over to me "maybe we can still go the distance, we are able to do it, we love each other too much and we are only 3 hours away, you can go visit the campus and I can come to one of your photo shoots or runway shows, when we can" kate said cupping my face with both her hands. "Do you think we can?" i said with tears in my eyes. Maybe she's right, maybe we can. I know we'll work to make it happen, but what if we don't?

"Yes we can love, we will get used to it and work on our schedules so we can see each other almost every day" she said as she hugged me.

Well, this didn't go as I've planned, I don't know what is going to happen with the trip to Pennsylvania, I don't even know if I will be able to go or with our relationship, maybe I overreacted.

The rest of the night was very calm and quiet, we watched movies, ate dinner quietly and went to sleep quietly.

I can't stop thinking that she expected me to drop everything so I could go with her... I have a life here, my job is here, everything I love is in New York. For a moment I thought Kate would give up that opportunity to stay here, with me, but it's very selfish of me to want that and not do it, maybe Kate also thought for a moment that too but I come first, right?

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys, so this is Chapter 3, I wanted to add some drama to the plot.

The meeting with the twins in the next chapter:)

I hope you're well and have a nice day or night.