Food & News

I got home to change into some more appropriate clothes to go to lunch with my friends. I left Kate a message to let her know that everything had gone well at the photo shoot and that I was going out to eat with the girls.

When I arrived, my two best friends were already there having a glass of wine.

"I see I'm late," I joked to them as I approached the table.

"Sorry, I didn't have a good day at work and couldn't wait any longer for a glass of wine" Cam told us as she rubbed her head.

"Everything okay on the finance side?" I asked as I sat down next to her. "I guess, my boss is an idiot" she told us as she played with her wine glass. "They all are, but from what you've told us, your boss is the king of idiots why don't you ask for a change?" said Blue as she rubbed Cam's arm. "I don't know, I've been thinking about it for a long time but I haven't, my friends are there, I've been working in that branch for over 5 years and it's kind of hard to leave there" said Cam looking sadly at Blue and I.

I know my friend, she always wants to do her best and always gives more than what is asked, it's a good thing sometimes but with this boss of hers it's not at all. Once, he tried to take advantage of her because he "mistook" her kindness for flirting and when Cam fought back, he left her without vacation and her schedule covered over 60 hours a week. That asshole made me too upset.

"You know that that work environment isn't good for you, less when several things have already happened, you should look for another branch or another job. Look for what's best for you and not for your boss" I said to Cam as I lightly squeezed her hand."You're right, I've given a lot of myself to that jerk and no matter how long I've been there, there are more places where they really appreciate and know my value" Cam said already a little more excited. "Well, since we solved Cam's problem, you should tell us the good news Y/N" said Blue raising her eyebrows playfully. "Right, I got an email from Ella this morning telling me that the Olsen twins had been following my work for a few years and wanted me to be their model on 'The Row', we scheduled an appointment tomorrow afternoon to agree on the contract and the plans they have with me" I said very calmly while inside me fireworks were exploding. My two friends gasped and started jumping up and down in their seats excitedly. "Oh my godness Y/N, we are so proud of you, this is an amazing opportunity for you" Cam said as she gave me a tight hug. "Congratulations, I knew this is what you were born to do. How do you feel? Cam is right, it's a really big opportunity for you" Blue said as she reached out her hand to grab mine. "I'm excited, it's a great thing, I've already worked with recognized brands but the Olsen twins are a legend!" I said excitedly to my two best friends as the waiter dropped off our plates. "Yes they are, plus you might get a chance to meet your celebrity crush THEE Elizabeth Olsen" Blue said while eating her food and raising her eyebrows teasingly as I laughed at her comment. We continued to talk about the new things that had happened in our lives in the last week while enjoying our food and drniks. At the end of the meal we said our goodbyes and each headed home.