Chapter 91

(Ages will be wacky because it's set in the middle of summer and they just finished school. Hunter finished 6th grade, and Aliana finished 4rd. Since Hunter and Aliana's birthdays take place AFTER school starts, which is in September, the ages and grade levels will line up once they turn that age) anyways, that confused the hell out of me while I was trying to figure it out. Enjoy :)

4 years later

9-year-old Aliana Topaz jumped awake with a startle. She breathed heavily as the loud sound of thunder filled her ears and lightning illuminated her bedroom.  She immediately pulled the covers off of her and rushed down the hall, quickly opening her older brother's bedroom door. She tried her best to be quiet as she tiptoed over to his bed.

Hunter breathed out gently through his nose, his body rising and falling with every inhale and exhale he took. "Hunty..." the younger girl whimpered. When Hunter didn't make a move to show that he heard her, Aliana huffed. She knew that her older brother was a deep sleeper, hence why he was still sleeping through the loud storm.

"Hubby," she mumbled once more, her nickname for him slipping out. She shook him gently as she spoke, desperately trying to wake him up.

Finally, after a few shakes, Hunter stirred and hummed questionably. "Hmm? Alia...what is it? Are-are you okay?" he asked, sleep and worry crossing his features.

"It-It's raining s-so bad, Hubby. I-I can-"

"Okay, okay, it's okay." the 11-year old comforted. Without saying a word, he lifted his blanket as an invite for his sister to get in. Aliana instantly got under the covers, shying away at the thunder that clapped once more.

"It's pretty scary, huh?" her older brother mumbled. "Mhm." his sister nodded.

It was normal for Aliana to run into his room whenever she got scared. Cheryl and Toni would always question why she'd never come to them and her answer would always remain the same. She felt safer with her brother since he was closer to age and would understand.

"It'll be alright, Alia." the older boy assured. "It's just thunder. Remember what momma told you?"

"T-That it's ou-outside and I'm safe inside."

"Exactly." Hunter smiles tiredly. He held his sister close as she yawned, clearly still tired. "Wanna go back to sleep?" he asked. He was willing to stay up with her like he usually did when she got like this.

Aliana nodded her head before cuddling closer to him. Hunter pulled the cover over them some more and shut his eyes.

Another round of lightning and thunder occur causing the girl to tense. "How about we watch Tv until you fall asleep? You wanna finish watching our movie?"

At the idea, Aliana immediately nods. Hunter got out of his bed, his hair messy and everywhere as he padded over to his tv stand. He grabbed his Ps5 controller and turned on his Tv, being sure to have the volume down just in case their parents woke up and heard them. Hunter pressed play on Turning Red before getting back into bed.

******

Toni rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she made her way down the hall to wake up their sleeping little rascals. She knocked on the twin's door gently before speaking "Gray, Lei, time to get up, my loves." she then opened their door.

It was only Saturday, but the mothers always planned a family fun day on Saturdays. Grayson groaned and pulled his blanket over his head when his momma opened the blinds. Toni chuckled at his reaction before sighing. "It rained pretty bad last night. How did you two sleep through that?" the rhetorical question ringed through the air.