Chapter 75

"Awesome. We're just getting back from our holiday trip so we're a bit exhausted." Cheryl said into the phone as she dumped all their dirty clothes into the washer. She had separated them into different piles before doing so.

"Great. Tomorrow at 2 sounds amazing. Thanks again. Alright, bye." the redhead hung up the phone.

"Mommy, mommy, mommy!" Aliana ran into the room, Hunter's teddy bear in hand. The small girl hid between her and the washer.

"Mom! Tell her to give it back!" her older brother stepped into the room behind her. Cheryl turned to look at Hunter who was only in his boxers and a T-shirt, seemingly getting ready for bed.

They had finally landed back in LA two hours ago. And it was almost Midnight by the time they did. Jet lag was getting to them like a bitch.

"Alia." the redhead warned, picking up the small girl. She hugged the teddy bear close to her chest and pouted. "Baby, you know you can't take Hunter's stuff just because you want to. You have to ask."

"So, give it back to your brother," she demanded. The small girl whined as she give the teddy bear back. Her whines soon progressed into crying and the redhead sighed in exhaustion.

She guided Hunter of out the room, briefly wishing him a good night's sleep as he went up the stairs. Aliana cried into her neck and Cheryl gently shushed her, carrying her up the stairs too.

"Let's get you into bed, yeah?" she mumbled and the small girl nodded, rubbing her soaked eyes. 

Toni peaked her head out of their bedroom at the sound of her daughter's cries. "Is she okay?" she asked, taking off her gaming headset.

"Tired," Cheryl replied and the woman pouted, going over to give her daughter a kiss before wiping her tears. "Stop crying, love. You wanna go to bed?"

Aliana nodded and Toni held her arms out, the smaller girl immediately accepting the invitation. "I got her, baby. You can go get ready for bed." she kissed Cheryl's cheek before going down the hall.

Cheryl smiled to herself as she watched her wife open their daughter's bedroom door and disappear into it. She sighed and entered their bedroom, shaking her head at the Tv that displayed the game Toni was playing.

She took a decent shower before getting dressed into one of Toni's sweaters and shorts. As Toni entered the room, she was getting into bed with her laptop.

"You spoke to the photographer?" the brunette questioned. "Yep. He said that he'll be here at 2 tomorrow." the redhead divulged, slipping on her glasses so she can read her emails.

"You look so cute with your glasses, baby." the brunette smirked. Cheryl's eyes met her wife's eyes and she laughed, "Yeah, yeah."

"I'm being serious!" Toni declared, laughing herself. Cheryl just simply shook her head at her wife as she strolled through her unread emails. She took the time to check them and answer most, cringing at the dates they were sent. She knew she told the law firm that she was taking a two-week vacation but it didn't stop them from sending her many emails.

Once she was finally done, she saw that it was nearing two A.M so she shut her laptop and placed it on her bedside table. "You coming to bed, baby?" she mumbled while taking off her glasses. She yawned briefly, waiting for her wife to reply.

"Mmm. Just a second, beautiful." the soccer player mumbled, her eyes focusing on the game. Cheryl shut her lamp off before laying down and getting comfortable.

Not too long after, she heard the sound of the game cutting off, and then the bed dipped as Toni got into bed behind her, posing as the big spoon. A tradition since high school.