Chapter 62

"Toni, come on, baby. I'm serious, I'm super nervous." Cheryl mumbled.

"Babe, Hunter is very friendly, he loves to make new friends. Pre-K is amazing for him, plus it's better to let him start to socialize now." the brunette states.

She flipped the pancakes in the pan while Aliana babbled and cooed from her spot in the high chair.

Cheryl sighed, "I can't even let Aliana out of my sight for two minutes. How am I going to last 7 hours with my firstborn?"

"Babe, now you're being dramatic." Toni giggled.

"Says the one who was having a whole heart attack because Hunter had to get his ears re-pierced. Then the same from when he was small and Aliana."

"In my defense, that harms my babies. Pre-K is nothing but Hunter having fun. He's growing up, baby, whether we like it or not." Toni sighed, cutting Aliana's food up so the 6-month-old can chew it with her two front teeth.

Cheryl stood up and went over to leaned on the tanned woman, "Look, baby, I'm nervous too. But Hunter inherited the social butterfly gene from me. I think this would be good for him. If he shows signs of discomfort, then we'll take him out and try again next year." Toni kissed her wife's cheek.

Cheryl nodded after a moment of silence and Aliana started babbling louder when a piece of pancake fell to the floor.

"At least I still have you, princess." Cheryl cooed, feeding her some pancake. The small girl accepted it and smiled at her momma making Cheryl's heart melt.

"Mommy!" Hunter could be heard down the hall, his tiny feet thudding against the wooden floor. Cheryl turned around to see her son covered in red marker.

"Phoenix! Oh my god-" Toni gasped. "I think I wade a mwess momma..." he mumbled sadly.

Toni looked at Cheryl and chuckled, "Told ya. He's going to fit in just fine."

Cheryl rolled her eyes at her wife's words before going to pick up her distraught three-year-old son, "How bad is it, bub?" she whispered as she exited the kitchen.

*********

Cheryl got Aliana down for her nap that afternoon as she worked from home. Toni went out to get Hunter some school supplies, letting him tag along. He has yet to figure out why they were going shopping, but he wasn't complaining since he loved the car rides.

Nala didn't sit too far from them, her protective nature radiating off of her. Cheryl looked up from her laptop and watched as the dog stood up and came closer to the couch to see Aliana.

"She's sleeping, baby." the redhead whispered and reached over to pet her head. Nala laid back down, waiting patiently for the baby to wake up again.

They had Nala for almost 5 years now, and they can tell that the older she got, the more protective she became.

Cheryl smiled, thinking about the time they first got Nala. She immediately fell in love with the Siberian Husky, no doubt. Nala was there through it all.

"Timeout now, go!" she heard Toni say as she entered the house. Hunter immediately ran to his chair in the corner, his face in a frowny pout.

"Uh oh...what did you do?" Cheryl asked him, shutting her laptop.

"He decided that it was funny to knock down all the bottles of soap at target." Toni glared at her son who's lip quivered.

"Hunter, why would you do that, bub?" the lawyer asked, setting her laptop aside.

He shrugged. "Baby, big boy words, remember?" Toni states.

"I-I thought it f-funny." he sniffled as he wiped his face. "Baby, making a mess isn't funny. It's okay if you do it here because this is your home, but you can't do that in public." Cheryl says, going over to bend down to his level, "That's why, momma is upset, yeah."