Chapter 44

Cheryl rested on the couch with Hunter on her chest while she watched a movie on the TV.

It's been a month since Hunter was born, the newest addition to the family brings them so much joy.

Right now Toni was at practice, so it was just her, Hunter, and Nala. The husky laid on the ground beside Cheryl's feet, her protective demeanor coming to play.

Hunter let out a small whine making his mother pout, "What's wrong, Hunter?" She asked, gently cradling the boy in her arms. He was hungry.

Cheryl grabbed the warm bottle that sat on the coffee table before replacing the pacifier with the bottle. He instantly began to drink, his tiny hand coming up to cover Cheryl's hand.

"You're just the cutest, baby boy!" She smiled, playing with his brown curls.

Hunter cooed when Cheryl removed the bottle once the milk was gone. She rested him on her shoulder, patting his back gently so she can get him to burp.

He let out a big one making Cheryl giggle, "Wow, baby!" She laughed, sitting him down on her lap.

The boy stared at her blankly, his blue eyes mesmerizing her as she placed him down into his rocker.

"It's naptime, my precious boy. Mommy has to pump more milk." She said, making sure he's buckled in, and placed his pacifier back into his mouth but the boy spit it out and started to cry.

"Hey, Hunty, baby. Don't cry, mommy's not going anywhere." The redhead pouts, picking him up again. The boy continued to cry and Cheryl huffed, picking up his pacifier. She rushed to the kitchen to clean it off before placing it in the boy's mouth.

When his cries subsided to small whimpers, Cheryl gently swayed around the living room, just to keep him quiet.

She heard keys jiggling in the door, making her smile. Her wife was finally home!

"Cher?" The brunette called as she took off her dirty soccer cleats.

"Hi, girl!" She greeted their husky. "Baby?" She called once more.

Cheryl made her way to the door, a smile on her face, "Hey, baby." She whispered, leaning forward to kiss her cheek.

"Hey, my love." Toni smiled, looking down at Hunter who was slowly falling asleep in Cheryl's arms.

"Is my little king grumpy?" Toni pouted at the boy. He was also fighting to keep his eyes open.

Cheryl sighed, "I tried to place him down for a nap, and he started screaming! He has a set of lungs." She scoffed.

"I just need to pump milk for him, " Cheryl groaned.

"Alright, baby. Let me shower first, then I'll take over, kay?" Toni said.

Cheryl nodded and Toni kissed her forehead before rushing upstairs. Cheryl sat down with Hunter, patting his backside gently to keep him calm.

The tiny brunette blinked as he fought to keep his eyes open, "Hunty, don't fight your sleep." She whispered.

When Toni returned downstairs, Hunter was whining and Cheryl was trying to calm the restless boy down.

"Alright, baby, I got it from here," Toni said, holding her arms out.

Cheryl sighed, gently handing Toni their son. "Why you gave mommy such a hard time huh?" Toni whispered.

Hunter's whining stops as Toni gently rocks him side to side, "How did you get him to hush so fast?" Cheryl asked when she returned with the breast milk pump.