Eva starts waking up so I say good bye to Ryujin. It's not that I don't want them to talk but sometimes Eva won't let Ryujin go and I know she has a lot to do. When Ryujin and I want a time for just us two then we usually video call in the morning while the kids are sleeping.

I don't know how she does it because she seems so busy yet she still has time for us but I am really excited that I'll get to see her soon. She sent me a text of the day when she's gonna be here. Sadly, she won't be here during my interview. She's arriving two days after.

Eva sits up, still sleepy. "Good morning, baby." I hug and kiss her.

"Morning" she yawns.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask.

"Cereal" I laugh because she can ask for anything and she always chooses cereal.

I take her to the kitchen with the baby monitor so I'll know when Ervin wakes up too.

I grab a bowl, the milk in the fridge then the cereal. I put the cereal in the bowl first, "Mommy! No!" I hear Eva yell so I turn around and she looks stressed out.

I realize that I put the cereal in already without the milk. "I'm sorry, I'll fix it" I grab another bowl and put milk in first then the cereal.

She wasn't always like but when Ryujin was here, they spent a lot of time eating breakfast together because Ryujin would always let me sleep in. Apparently, Ryujin likes to do milk first then cereal so Eva picked up that method so she won't eat the cereal unless she sees the milk being poured first. I personally think its a crime to do it that way.

"An odd child you have there" my mom enters the kitchen.

"It's not that. She just likes doing things like Ryujin" I hand Eva her bowl of cereal. I start making coffee for my mom and myself.

"It's weird that Eva is turning out more like her than you" She sits down next to Eva and kisses her head.

"Is that a problem?" I ask.

"No, it's just interesting."

"I honestly would rather have Eva be like Ryujin than be like me" I finish making the coffee and I hand one to my mom.

"Why?"

I sit down in front of her, "I don't want Eva to suffer with insecurities like I did."

"I'm sure Ryujin has her own set of insecurities" my mom say.

"But she handles it better than I do. When my insecurities hit me, I self destruct. I don't want Eva to do that to herself whenever she feels she's not good enough. I have no issue with Eva seeing Ryujin as her role model."

"You're doing it again, you know?" My mom sighs.

"Doing what?" I tilt my head at her.

"You're changing yourself for the person you're with" she answers.

"I don't think that's true, mom. If anything I'm becoming more of myself. She doesn't tell me how to act or what to do. Whenever I do something she encourages it or find it cute. She doesn't tell me to change anything. She thinks I'm perfect just being me" I say.

"What's going on pretty people?" Travis walks in followed by Karina.

"What are you two talking about?" My sister ask so I explain to her what our mom said about me changing myself for Ryujin.

"I have to agree with Yeji on this one. She's done a lot of stupid stuff and she has changed herself before for the person she's with but I don't think she's doing that with Ryujin. From what I can tell, she's comfortable with Ryujin" Travis quips. I'm gonna ignore the fact that he practically called me stupid.

"Yea, mom. Yeji looks happy and healthy as ever. Why do you keep saying things like you're not completely accepting Ryujin? One minute you're okay with her then the next minute you're trying to put distance between Yeji and her?" My sister ask.

"I can see how she treats Yeji but I'm afraid maybe it's all part of a manipulation?" She says unsure, "I just don't want what happened with your aunt to happen again where Yeji is put into a situation where she feels like she can't stop it."

"Oh trust me. She's been in situations and I'm sure Yeji doesn't want her to ever stop" Travis mumbles out loud to himself while getting cereal.

"Travis!" All three of us scold him.

"Travis!" Eva joins in while laughing.

"Sorry, I had to" Travis chuckles.

"Mom, I'm an adult now. I can stop her if there's ever times I feel uncomfortable" I say.

"But you never did with your exes, Yeji. You stayed and let them manipulate you. Your most recent one being Dana. You didn't leave him until Ryujin gave you enough courage" my mom reasons.

"Exactly, Ryujin helped me be courageous. You know the difference between my exes and Ryujin? My exes always told me I'm lucky to have them or no one else would love or accept me like they would but you know what Ryujin tells me? She tells me that I'm amazing and that she's the lucky one and that I deserve so much better than her."

"And you know what else? She makes me feel wanted and needed. Whenever she feels down or not well, she always comes to me. She tells me my touch, scent and presence help her calm down. I love the feeling of actually being able to be there for my partner. I know you're worried mom but I hope you won't make comments like that in front of Ryujin or her family" I add.

"Mom" Travis sits back down, "Think of Ryujin as me. You like me for Karina, right? I'm usually good to her even when she's" Travis leans towards my mom, "being difficult but don't tell her that" he whispers.

"Ow!" Travis rubs his leg where Karina punched him.

"I love you, baby. You're always a delight in my eyes. I'm just trying to make a point to your mom. Yeji is not as peachy as you" Travis tries to sweet talk his way out.

"So you're saying I'm not a delight? Should I tell Ryujin that?" I lean back on my chair and cross my arms.

"No, don't do that. You're great Yeji" He tries to backtrack.

"What's your point?" My mom tries to go back to the previous topic.

"My god, we need more guys in this house that can talk. How old is Ervin again?" He ruffles his hair.

"Ervin is this many months" Eva shows the number using her fingers.

"Good job, Eva!" Travis gives her a high five.

"Anyways, my point is" he goes back to his serious mode, "Ryujin loves Yeji the way I love Karina. I don't know if you know but Ryujin and I actually talk to each other a lot. Most of our conversation literally consist of how much we love your daughters."

"Thank you, Travis" I smile at him, warmly.

"I'm sorry for punching you" Karina kisses his cheek.

"If you're really sorry then it should be on the lips" Travis puckers his lips and Karina kisses him.

"I love you" She smiles at him.

"I love you too so baby number two?" He smirks.

With the palm of her hand, my sister pushes his face away, "Don't push it."

"Of course, my darling" he bows at her and I laugh at them.

"I get your point" my mom speaks again, "I'm sorry, Yeji. I really don't know why I'm struggling to fully accept you two but I'm trying."

"As long as you're trying, it's okay" I tell her.

I hear Ervin cry through the baby monitor and TJ does the same through Karina's baby monitor. We both stand to get our kids.

"I'll be back, okay?" I tell Eva.

"I'll take care of her" Travis informs me and I nod.

I make my way to my room to get Ervin and get him ready for the day.