How I Met You:

Text copyright © Kiki Celeste ™ 2023

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This story contains material protected by International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint of this material is prohibited. No part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, electronic, mechanical, including any photocopying, or recording.

IF YOU SEE ANYONE COPYING MY STORY PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! THANKS!!

If you want to say hey then feel free to follow me on:
Twitter: kikiceleste__
Or for business inquiries ONLY email me at
kcelestewriting@gmail.com

Content Warning:

This story is for mature audience, this content includes graphic descriptions of the following:
(strong language, sexual situations, violence, drug and alcohol use, 1 instance of physical abuse)

Samara:

June 2022

I remember like it was yesterday. I had just gotten home from being away for a bachelorette weekend and one of the gifts that I was given was a little black crystal that was attached to a thin silver chain.

It rested in a tiny purple mesh bag and I was the only one who was given this item.

Each one of us women were given different types of gifts and for some reason or another Lara gave me that. She's hippy dippy and loves those types of things-so she thought that it would suit me.

To be fair; she wasn't wrong.

"So why that item, of all things?" I remember asking her- and she just smirked and laughed and she told me to do some research and that it would benefit me.

Really helpful information I remember telling her sarcastically.
I had recently gotten home and back into my routine.

I had changed and sat on my couch; sinking into the charcoal gray cushions as I sip on a glass of Merlot that I had poured myself - only moments before.

As I then extend the pendulum out in front of my face, it just ever so slightly moves but it was because my hand wasn't very steady.

And before I start to google what it was that this thing did- I'm interrupted by a loud noise coming from across the hall of my apartment building.

It startled me enough that it caused me to get up and investigate.
Rule number one of 'what not to do in a horror movie', right?

I slowly open up my front door and across the hall is a man who is crouched down, picking up several books that were sprawled across the hallway floor.

"What a way to introduce myself to the neighborhood." His deep voice remarks awkwardly and I set down my glass of wine on my entry way table to open my apartment door wider.

"Sorry about the noise..." he says and I softly smile. "It's alright. There's not a whole lot of people in this building, so no problem. Moving in I see?"
And he sets the last book back into a box that rests next to him. Then he stands and I realize how tall he is.

He might've been over six foot three. I wasn't good at guessing height.
But his shoulders were broad and his hair was dark brown and it was a little disheveled and he wore a white t-shirt and black jeans with black boots.