Ten

"Hold still will you!!" Belinda, my hair stylist scolded me. Miriam and the rest of my team visited me and is now here just in time for my welcome home party.

"Oh for godsake hold still and stop what you are doing will you! I am almost done here!" She is fixing my hair and when mom is incharge. What should normally be a simple party turned out to be known and is now in the papers and news! Typical mom.

"Sorry!" I ignored her mumbling and continue with my reading.

1 hour and 20 mins, i am now looking at myself in the mirror. My brunette hair in chignon style with a few loose stands hangin on my face, a floor length glittery gold backless dress that fits me perfectly and showed the right curves of my body and a 4inch stilleto. A light make up almost close to natural color but a smokey eyes that brings out my green eyes.

"Oh honey! I really pity those bachelors who are dying to take your hand but will get a flat NO. Oh my! Such a heartbreaker you are." The usual actress, my mother.

"Stop it Mom. I am already wearing this dress that you ordered for me plus attending this not necessary party. Enough with the talk and lets just get this over with!" Pissed? Nope but annoyed! She kept mentioning when will I introduce a Man to her that will soon be my future husband.

"Fine! Fine!" She held my hand and we walked towards the elevator and headed down going to the reception area where the party is taking place.

The area is VERY SPACIOUS and when mother says she will invite only 50. Make sure to multiply it by 10! Yes! That crowded and I can only name few that I am familiar with.

"Honey, put up your best smile before we headout ok?" I almost forgot to mention that mom is very meticulous. "Yes ma'am!" I fake salute her that earned me a glare and snickers from my team.

"Come now! Let's show them who runs this party!!" Mom said with full confidence. Wait what?

"Ugh mom? Hate to break it to you but we are the ones who arranged this party. So technically, we run this show." I ended up being ignored by her and was pushed lightly from the person at my back. "Go on now!" Miriam said.

5

4

3

2

1

And out we go.

As soon the double doors opened. All eyes went directly to us. "I kept wondering if this was supposed to be your party or your mothers? I mean, look at her. Shaking hands and waving and all. You are being outshined by her if you ask me." Belinda said while teasing me.

"And I care because?!" She paused and looked at me as if I said something obserd.

"Whatever" and I just rolled my eyes at her.

The party went full swing after mom said crazy stuffs about me to everybody!!

"For a beauty to still be single is beyond me!" Someone said from behind me and I can tell the voice belongs to one of my exes when I was still in junior high.

"Robert" i said with no emotions whatsoever.

"Now, now! Boo, is that how you greet your first ever boyfriend?" He said with such confidence and even smirked. Ugh! Prick!

"Don't call me that and you being my first boyfriend doesn't hold meaning to it. So just drop it and stop being delusional.." I remember Robert alright. He was my first in everything and I mean everything including popping my cherry. Yup! I gave him my V-card when was I still 16. We were hormonal teenagers and we only did what we thought was normal. We did last more than 6 months but decided to break up since we just drifted off. He was busy being the football quarterback while me, I was the presedent in our newspaper club and school body.

After I pushed him away he dropped his smirk and earned a snicker from his minions. Both male and shooting me some winks and dirty looks.

"Whatever Collins! But just admit that you fell inlove with me!" He puffed his chest, gave me a smirk and walked away.

"Whatever.." I said while turning my back at them and went directly outside towards the gardens.

"Finally! Peace and quite.." I walked towards the fountain, took my shoes off and dipped my feet in it while sitting down and looking at the starry night.

"Can I join you?" And my personal space is now invaded.

"Sure, take a seat." I still didn't look at him and kept my head down.

"What did I do chels?"

This is gonna Be a loooong night after all!