Five

I can hear voices.

Am I now dead?

But then I feel like someone is massaging my hands and even stroking my hair. I sighed and thankful since I came out alive. I was about to open my eyes but was not able to.

Beep

Beep

"Call the doctors! We are slowly loosing her!!"

All I can hear was footsteps, metal clanging and the stench!

I forced myself to open my eyes, move my body but again, I was not able too. I was still Exhausted and was yet again drawn to sleep.

=========@@@@@@@===========

"Glad you could finally join us Mrs. Perkins." I squinted my eyes and slowly open it back again. Absence of light either means its night time or Jerry was here and closed the curtains knowing I hated to wake up to a bright light.

Wait did he just addressed me as Mrs. Perkins? Me and Jerry are not even married yet and not even close to being engaged! I was about to speak but having a dry as dessert throat turned out to be a mumble.

"Here, drink it up but slowly since you are laying down, you wouldn't want to drown yourself would you?"

A doctor. A young handsome doctor no less and even laying and weak. I was being hit on by My doctor! Fucking unbelievable!

"I can tell from your expression that you are confused so let me enlighten things for you" He stood closed and held my hands. A flirt and a perv! For heavens sake!

"Excuse me docto-" I was about to give him an earful but he butted in.

"You have a bruised body and lucky you don't have any broken ribs. Judging from how beaten up you are you only gotten a swollen lips but nothing make up can't cover up and just cuts and bruises. Nothing serious to worry about or any scars that can ruin your beautiful face." Another flirty smile and was still caressing my hands but he quickly let go when a male nurse came in.

Oh great! Note the sarcasm.

He gave me a genuine smile but imediately dropped when he saw something near me or should I say someone near me.

"Dr. Everett, I didn't know you are still making your rounds? It's past 5pm and your shift ends at 5." He gave a fake smile.

"Oh it's just you johnny. Yeah, uhm I was just about to head out but I need to check on Mrs. Perkins for the last time to know if she was ok and judging from the notes and reports. You sure are healing fast and will be out here in no time!" He replied to Johnny alright but his eyes was fixated on me the whole time. I gave him a forced smile before trying to calm myself.

"Is that so? Knowing that your office is on the 2nd floor and Mrs. Perkins private room is on the 5th, I might say you sure are very thoughtful Dr?"

I was about to intervine since their bickering is starting to give me headaches but Mr Dr didn't want to lose. Oh no!

"You sure are putting tabs on me Johnny and may I also point out that your assigned floor is the nursery which is 2 floors above from here. May I ask what brought you here?" I mentally slapped myself because of what I am witnessing. I mean for real?

"Hello! Patient here!! Battered and fucking bruised and is now about to nurse a headache from your arguement going back and forth. If you both are done can you please leave now? PLEASE!" I didn't glanced on both men and shot my eyes closed when I started to complain and thankful to just hear the door open then closed.

"Thank God!!" I told myself and decided sleep the night away.