Four

"Can you answer the phone babe! I'm inside the bathroom!" Jerry shouted from inside our room.

"Sure babe!" I was lounging at my boyfriends couch while watching a show. I ran to the house phone and anwered after the 3rd ring.

"Yellow!" I answered with my usual perky voice. I tried to sound sweet but being perky came natural so I just went with it.

"Hello??????!" I can tell there was someone on the line but decided to stay quiet.

"Are you gonna speak or I'm just gonna end this call. You decide." I voiced out and pissed from such an immature act.

Silent.

"Who was it?" Jerry shouted from our room.

"A prank call!" I shouted back before dropping the call.

"Really!? That's weird! I don't usually get pranks calls or even ghost calls. Anyways, I'm just gonna get ready and head for work." Jerry shouted again before getting ready.

"Pffft! A prank call? Who would even do that these days?" I told myself before focusing on some re-runs that I had missed during my month long busy sched.

"where is my breakfast?" my eyes went straight to Jerry. He is now on his business suit. An armani suit that is, and deym! Even if his body is wrapped up. You can tell how musculine he is.

"Babe, take a picture, it'll last long!" I was snapped out from my staring and yes! I blushed.

"Shut up! And NO, I did not make breakfast since I am too lazy to even move." I was whining and I admit. I do sound like a 5 year old. He laughed at my antics. Oh! How I miss that laugh.

"It's ok babe. I will just ask Paul to buy me something when I reach my office. And... I gotta go! Stay here and don't go out yet! You will get mobbed by people if you went out alone knowing you hate disguises." He gave me a kiss after lecturing me before heading out.

"I love you!" He shouted before closing the door. I responded an 'I love you too' but I guess he didn't stick around long for him to hear it.

I watch the clock and it's 7:15am. I groan. "I woke up at 6!!" I was always not a morning person so this seems unusual for me. so, I decided to be a couch potato and absorb in what I was watching. I was so ingrossed in what I was watching that I didn't hear the doorbell when it first rang.

Ding

Ding

Ding

When I finally heard it. I waited another DING before standing up and seeing who was outside early this morning.

DING!!!!!!

"I am coming!!! Sheeeeesh!" I looked at the peephole and saw no one. I opened the door, checked outside.

No one! I lingered longer but still the hall is enveloped in an utterly silence.

"Now that was creepy." I waited another seconds before deciding to close the door and bolt myself in.

"First a phone prank and now a Ding-Dong ditch! Kids!" It did kinda freaked me out knowing I am staying at my boyfriends flat and I kept my residence a secret. A few people knows about my whereabout including my manager and parents only. And for crying out loud this is the 5th floor! Is this rather coincidence or was I stalked, again!?

Oh well!

I was about to lounge back again when I heard my mobile phone rang.

Calling.

UNKNOWN NUMBER

"Hello?" It was rather a question than a greeting.

Silence

"Hello!!!"

Silence

It took only 5 seconds before I dropped the call.

BAM

I was startled from sound of the pounding of the door.

"What the fuck!!!" To say that I was scared was an understatement!

"Open the door! This is an emergency!" The unfamilair voice came from the outside.

I just stood there with my hands gripping my top and scared out of my wits.

"I know you are in there Chelsea! Open the goddamn fucking dooooor!" Ok now I am fucking scared! I grabbed my phone and ran towards the masters bedroom and locked it and went inside the bathroom. All curled up with steaks of pea-like sweat and a pounding heart.

Jessy!

Ring

Ring

"Please! Please answer the goddamn phone!"

Ring

"Hi this is Jessy and - and I am chelsea! Please leave us your message and we will get back to you shortly! Kiss! Kiss!" Fucking voicemail!

Beep

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I was about to dial 911 when my bathroom door was forced open.

"You think you can escape me!!? Huh!! I HAVE FUCKING WAITED FOR YOU TO ARRIVE AND WAITED FOR MONTHS BUT YOU JUST IGNORED MY CALL! MY LETTER! WHAT KIND OF A GIRLFRIEND ARE YOU?!"

wait what? I have another boyfriend that I don't know about?

The man standing infront of me was a stranger. And what he was yelling at does not make sense at all. I kNow what is happening. A stalkeR, I always get death threats saying that I should marry them or else They will kill my dog (i don't even own one!) But this, happening now is the first and I am paralized from the cold tiled floor.

"YOU! YOU MAKE ME SICK! HERE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR FUCKING SESSIONS WITH YOUR LOVER WHILE I, YOUR BOYFRIEND WAITED ALL NIGHT! I TRIED TO CALL YOU BUT YOU JUST IGNORED ME! WHY?! Why!!, IS IT BECAUSE OF HIM? Huh? ANSWER ME!"

I can tell from his expression that he was in rage. His face is red as a tomatoe with clenched jaws and formed fist. One wrong move means I am done for. So, I did the normal thing to do. I stayed silent.

RING

I was snapped out from my deep thoughts and answered the call immediately.

"HELP! Please help me! Someone is here to kill me hel-" I was cut off from my screams of help when I was dragged out towards the living room by pulling my foot and my head bumping to ground.

"Ahhhhh! Please let me go! Please!" I was crying hysterically and tried to kick my leg so that he can loosen his tight grip that I know will leave a mark.

"AND THEN WHAT? SO THAT YOU CAN RUN TO YOUR FUCK BUDDY AND LEAvE ME AGAIN? Never!!!!" He was shouting and judging from his expression. All he saw was red.

I was kicked at my stomach, I was stepped at, gripping and my pulling my hair, I got slapped and punch on my face and body. Damit! it hurts! What felt like hours of being battered. I am now weak and drained out. All I can see was the blurry face of the middle aged man. More like on his 30s. But the scar on his nose didn't go unnoticed. His pale brown eyes full of rage. What freaked me out even more is what he was holding: A knife. He is holding it on his left hand.

Oh god!! I am gonna die!!!

He came closer. Making the distance shorter and shorted. I sobbed and screamed my lungs out but because of exhaustion. I started seeing spots followed by pitch black. Then after a fee seconds. Darnkess swallowed me whole.