She groans and closes her eyes.

"Karina, you might be in labor" I say.

"What? I'm not due for another two weeks" she tells me.

"Yes, because babies always wait until their actual due dates to be born" I sarcastically say.

"Come on, we have to get you to hospital. I'll call mom" I help her get up.

"Travis! Stop talking to my girlfriend and help me take Karina to the hospital" I yell.

Travis runs towards us while knocking down everything in his path.

"What? She's having a baby? She's not due yet. Why is she having a baby now? Oh God, where's my car keys?" He starts checking his pockets, "I'm so not prepared right now. Oh boy, where is everything? What do I need? Karina! Yes. I need a Karina!"

While he has his moment, I help my sister walk to the car. She's having her contractions while doing her breathing exercises. Once I get her in the car, I go back in the house and grab the hospital bag that she's prepared. Travis is still running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

"Travis, are you coming? Karina is already in the car" I say.

"She is!? Okay, let's go!" He runs out the door.

"It's gonna be a long day" I sigh.

I drive to the hospital while trying to keep Karina distracted and also trying to calm down Travis.

We get to the hospital and they take Karina while Travis follows. I stay in the waiting area and send a text to my mom. I also send a text to Ryujin to explain why Travis left like that earlier.

masteryu: Wow, Karina is having a baby. That's really exciting.

kitty_purrfect: You should have been here to see Travis though. The guy is a mess.

masteryu: Keep me updated. How are you? Are you okay?

kitty_purrfect: I will and I am. I just wish you're here. I miss you and you've been busy with work lately so you're always tired when we talk or video chat before bed.

masteryu: I miss you too. Work should slow down this week so it should be better. Thank you for being patient and understanding with my job.

kitty_purrfect: you owe me ;)

masteryu: Anything for you 😊

I'm actually surprised with myself that I am understanding of Ryujin's job. Normally, I would be unreasonable and beg for their attention but with Ryujin even when she's busy, she makes sure I don't feel neglected.

I get a text from my mom saying they'll stay at the house. She was watching the kids today and they were out bonding.

I wait for a while and no update yet with what's going on. Ryujin and I would text occasionally to keep me occupied while waiting.

After a few hours, Travis finally comes out with the biggest smile on his face. I stand up to meet him halfway.

"It's a boy" he proudly announces.

"Congratulations" I smile, "How's Karina?"

"Exhausted" he chuckles, "that boy did not want to come out."

We walk to the room where Karina is in. I slowly enter because maybe she's asleep but once I see she's not, I speed walk to her.

"Congratulations!" I clap but not too loud because the baby looks like he's sleeping already in her arms.

"You want to hold him?" My sister ask.

"Really?" I try to hide my excitement.

I carefully take the baby from my sister and I sit on the chair next to the bed she's on. "What's his name?" I whisper.

"Travis junior so TJ for short" Karina informs me.

"He looks like Travis so the name fits" I chuckle.

My sister suddenly starts crying and Travis starts panicking again. "What's wrong?" He rushes to her side.

"It's just so sad. Yeji will be gone soon. She's moving and I'm gonna miss her so much" my sister cries.

"Don't cry" I say, feeling emotional too, "if you cry, I'll cry."

"Why is there crying? Yeji is still here. She hasn't left yet or even have a known date for when she's leaving?" Travis is clearly confuse why Karina is emotional.

"She will. I'm happy for her though. She looks happy and healthy that she's ever been. I'm happy to know that I don't have to worry about her so much because she will be taken care of even when she's gonna be in another country" she cries.

"Stop" I start crying now too. Travis notices that its not stopping soon so he takes the baby from me, "Karina, why do you have to make me cry? I haven't left but you're already making me miss you. You're the best sister anyone could ask for. Even when I'm being difficult, you never gave up on me."

"I'm so sorry you've had to suffer so much. I'm so sorry that I didn't know everything you went through. I'm so sorry for not knowing what our aunt did to you."

"You didn't know. You shouldn't say sorry. I'm so thankful for everything you've done for me and what you're still doing for me" I say.

"Why are we crying? Why are you two being so adorable? Why don't have I bond like this with anyone? I need my Ryujin" Travis cries a little.

I wipe away my tears and I stand up, "Your Ryujin?" My mood changes right away.

"I don't mean it like that" he backs away, "Don't come near me, I have a baby."

"Bring the baby here before you drop him" My sister demands.

"I'm not gonna drop my own child" he sounds offended but I'm still hung up with the Ryujin comment. I do think it's nice that they have a good relationship but I still can't help but be territorial when it comes to Ryujin. She's all mine.

Travis hands the baby to my sister, "Did I ruin sister time? I really was confuse why there was so much crying."

"I'm still hormonal, idiot" my sister rolls her eyes.

"She's not pregnant anymore but she's still mean" Travis whispers to me.

"I'm scared. Don't leave us" he adds.

"Travis, come here now!" My sister says in an angry tone.

"Just because I'm upset, it doesn't mean I don't want you next to me" she says.

"Wha— I mean, yes darling" Travis smiles.

I laugh while watching them. It's really cute how Travis just allows Karina to get away with stuff like that. A part of me wonders how Ryujin would act if I'm hormonal like that. Would she be as patient as Travis is with my sister?

I really will miss them when I leave. I truly appreciate how Travis never made me feel like a burden or that I'm imposing while staying with them. My hearts feel sad but it also feels excited for what comes ahead.

"I love the both of you" I say and they both look at me.

"We love you too" Travis gives me a warm smile.

My heart feels so happy hearing him say that. To me, it was a big deal that he's the one that replied. I know my sister loves me but Travis being the one saying it back just hits differently. I regret failing to see how amazing Travis is. Maybe if I did, I would have known what a good guy looks like.

Him saying it makes me feel like that he really does see me as family and he's just not putting up with me because I'm Karina's sister.

Each day that goes by, I'm slowly starting to love my life and myself.