29// Introduction, Again

Year 2027
New York, USA
Bae Estate

As Seokhoon shook Rona's hands, he smiles gently and speaks up yet again.

'Just call me Seokhoon.... Rona ssi, we're the same age.'

Rona grins as she nods and tightens her grip on his hand as a way of making the male feel that she was comfortable.

'Ah !!! Yes, Seokhoon ssi..... That's quite a coincidence. We're both born in the same year? I haven't met much people that's the same age as me...... Well except for YoonOh but---- what were you doing here ?'

Seokhoon snaps out of his dazed state and let's go of the female's hands as to not make her feel uncomfortable. An idea pops into his head and Seokhoon figures that this may be his only chance to invite Rona without any intervention.

'I was just looking for the bathroom....This place is quite big you see, but since I've already met you. I may as well tell you of something my step father had told Chairman Bae and President Bae. In fact, I met Chairman Jung one day ago and I also told him about this....'

Tilting her head in confusion, Rona smiles and replies in a confused tone.

'You met YoonOh ? That's odd.... he never really mentioned anything to me.'

Seokhoon nods as he gazes at Rona's hazel orbs. Mentally slapping himself before he gets lost in her eyes again, Seokhoon clears his throat and goes straight to the point.

'Yes, I met him when I was having a meeting with Chairman Kim Mingyu one day ago and we talked about opening a new art center in Seoul. I was wondering if you'd be interested in becoming our honorable guest. It'll be an amazing honor for our art center and the people of South Korea have been wanting you to go back home and perform.... perhaps this may be a chance for you to also go home after many years.'

Rona's mood immediately went up, ignoring the burning pain in her upper chest. She chuckles and nods.

'That's such an amazing idea. I haven't been home to South Korea for such a long time. To be honest, I've already forgotten about that place..... I would love to go there and get a feel of where I originally came from.'

Hesitant but still continuing with her words, Rona smiles sadly and speaks in a much gentle voice.

'You see ever since the accident 3 years ago----'

Until a male voice suddenly cuts her words and barges in to the scene. YoonOh looking worried and frantic dashes to the female's side and locks eyes with Seokhoon who finally had a cold glare back on his face.

'RONA YAH !!!! What are you doing here ? It told you to wait in your bedroom why di---'

Rona, looking confused at YoonOh's peculiar attitude and actions reaches her hand forward and holds onto YooOh's trembling hands.

'Calm down Hyun Ah.... what's wrong !!? I just came down because you left your car keys on my bedside table and also..... Say hi, I also met and had a small talk with Seokhoon ssi here.'

YoonOh tries to keep his cool but his whole soul had been shaken, his hands trembled and his lips dried up at the one thing that he feared the most. Just like that, we go back to 4 years ago when everything was normal and Rona was still the Bae Rona that we all knew.

A year before Rona would cut all communication and connections with the Hera People.

FLASHBACK STARTS (In YoonOh' POV)

Year 2024
New York, USA
Julliard Academy

YoonOh releases a sigh of exhaustion as he heads over to the garden rooftop to get some alone time. He had always done this whenever there was a vacant time slot in his schedule.

Nothing was going well with him. His family was at the verge of breaking down and even his own personal problems were increasing each time.

He had just found out a few months ago that his father, the almighty Chairman Jung was carrying out a longtime affair with his mistress.... and his mother had found out not long ago. YoonOh despised going home, despite having a huge and luxurious home... he always hated the fact that what greeted him whenever he reached his home was the sound of shattering porcelain and glass with the mix of angry shouts exchanged by his parents.

YoonOh only had one comfort place, it was at his school's garden rooftop. In love life, YoonOh wasn't also lucky enough.

He had recently fell in love with the youngest member of the Bae family. She used to be his childhood friend but meeting again a year ago, he found solace and comfort in her when she had comforted him one time and reassured him after finding him weeping and crying after a severe anxiety breakdown.

'Bae Rona'

He found her very interesting and he was charmed.... Until he realized, he may not have a chance at all.

Soon after having many conversations with her, YoonOh found out that she was also in love and she's still in contact with her 'lover'. She also told him that she was willing to wait for that man and she was being patient because 'he' needed time to heal and realize something.

He could only wonder.... Just how deep was Rona's love for this man. What did he look like and how could she just go on and endlessly wait for him.

Author's Note/s :

It took me a month to realize this completed chapter was always in my drafts.

Anyway here's a new chapter for y'all and some shameless promoting of my new au based from the drama <<The Red Sleeve Cuff>>

Also, I've been so stressed so I rewatched some old kpop 2nd gen videos. To be specific, I've been rewatching the old WGM episodes of YongSeo couple.

Tempted to write a short fanfic for them somehow ✨🤣

Anyway that's it for nowHappy Reading

Happy Reading

-🍑