23// That's My Only Priority

Year 2027
New York, USA
The Press Lounge, Bar Restaurant

Sighing and stressed at the events that happened simultaneously to him this morning, YoonOh massages his temples and walks back in the restaurant with a demeanor that's obviously irritated and annoyed.  

Noticing the male, Mingyu smiles and urges him to sit back down. But YoonOh shakes his head and fakes smiles. 

'Duty calls.... I'll have to pass again today. Thanks for the conversation...'

Turning to Seokhoon, YoonOh forces another fake smile and nods at him.

'It was also nice to meet you Chairman Joo... I'll see you around then.'

Without giving time for Seokhoon or Mingyu to respond, Jung YoonOh takes his blazer jacket and pats Mingyu's back.... then off he went. 

Seokhoon could only smirk at the thought of YoonOh being intimidated and threatened by his presence. It was as if he was mentally making a scoreboard inside his head.

Something that goes Seokhoon = 1 and YoonOh = 0. He was interested at this tensed and awkward air/ mood that he had created with the other male.... Mentally, Joo Seokhoon could only smile slyly and say...

'Well, this is gonna be hella interesting.'

Year 2027
New York, USA
Bae Estate

YoonOh's leather dress shoes made click- clacking sounds as he walked in a fast pace through the long walls of the huge Bae Estate. 

As he reached the bedroom of Bae Rona, he releases a sigh of relief at the sight in front of him.

Bae Rona slept soundly as Park Sooyoung sat guard beside her. 

'She fell asleep right after I injected the medicine into her IV..... I think it's getting a lot worst than the last time

What on earth is happening ? Didn't JunMyeon oppa say she was getting better?'

YoonOh sighs as he walks in to the bedroom and sits by Rona's bed side. 

Stroking his girlfriend's hair gently, YoonOh shakes his head and replies in a hushed tone.

'After the recent accident in the boutique, she had a relapsed..... We can't always depend on the numerous medication forever so Suho hyung had insisted to remove her from them for a while. 

Turns out...... we shouldn't have done that at all. Without her medicine, her condition seems to come back more worse and worse.' 

Hesitant but still asking anyways, Sooyoung glances at YoonOh and manages to ask in a soft voice. 

'I heard Joo Seokhoon is in New York.... What are you gonna do if they meet this time ?'

At the thought of Seokhoon, YoonOh freezes up again.... He was irritated, annoyed and most of all....scared. 

'I--- I just met him a while ago.'

With her wide and shocked eyes, Sooyoung glances at the still unconscious Rona and whispers with panic laced in her tone.

'WHAT!!? .... what did you guys say or do? How on earth do you even meet him? New York's such a huge city.'

YoonOh plops down onto the cushion of his chair and sighs.

'He was with Mingyu .... It was coincidental. In fact, we had a heated exchange..... and I clearly lost that conversation.'

Sooyoung could only sigh as she asks the male yet again.

'So what would you do if they meet again this time around ?'

YoonOh tries to brush her off by saying that it wasn't even possible. But knowing how strong witted and straightforward Sooyoung is, she straightens her voice and seriously questions the dazed male. 

'No ..... But there is a possibility though, whether we all like it or not. Fate likes to play with us and what's destined will eventually happen. 

I honestly feel bad for Rona.... because of what had happened she can't seem to remember those people. I can't seem to fathom how hurt they must be since they were all left without an explanation. 

But again...... I get that this wasn't anyones fault and all these years, I thought of what had happened to her as a maybe.... blessing in disguise. So that she can restart her life with you guys and forget about her painful past.

But.... Looking at what's currently happening since then. I don't wanna say that it's a blessing anymore since Rona's still suffering from the aftermath. I question myself everyday if we are even doing the right thing ?' 

It took YoonOh a few minutes to swallow in Sooyoung's statement, shaking his head and replying. YoonOh gazes at his girlfriend and sighs.

'You said you thought of it as a blessing in disguise right? ... Well I also thought of it the same way....

At first, I only prayed and hoped that she survived but I didn't really expect that when she woke up, everything would change and we would suddenly have to live in this situation.

I also don't like the method that we're using to help her.... But there's no other way. Either way, as long as we avoid it then that means,she won't be hurt and we'll all still be the same as it is now.

I don't care about anything anymore... as long as she's living and safe. That's my only priority.' 

Holding her unconscious best friend's hand, Sooyoung smiles sadly and nods.

'If that's what you think is the best for her... then I have nothing much to say anymore. Since I also want what's best for her.'

Unbeknownst to the two, As Rona slept....a single tear trickles down to her cheeks from the corner of her closed eyes. 

Red Velvet's Joy as Park SooYoung (Rona's Best friend and Kim DongYoung's girlfriend)

Author's Note/s :
I have been missing for tons of months....
So here's the start of the mass update, I'll be doing tonight.

I've written like 5/6 chapters today and I'll be updating all of them by tonight.

Here's the first 2 😂🍻

What do you guys think is happening and the tension between YoonOh and Seokhoon ✨😱

Anyway, I'm dedicating all my updates tonight to wild_lav
She's the one who encouraged me to continue this book when I was literally breaking down from this universe.

Happy Reading and see y'all again tonight

😘🌈

-🍑