27// The Other Guy's Fear

Year 2027
New York, USA
Bae Estate

'Just like what Seokhoon had said earlier.... we would love it if she would be a honorable guest for the new art center in Seoul.... It would be such a meaningful event for the people of South Korea.' 

As Logan spoke, Bae Wonwoo squeezed his hands and forced a smile. Replying soon after in a low and cold voice,he had to be nudged by his elder brother to soften his tone. 

'Well.... we should probably talk about that another time, we understand that you have traveled a long way to come here but our Rona is very much fine. 

She's currently resting and will be leaving with YoonOh soon. YoonOh's family wants her to join them in a family retreat so that she could relax and rest. I hope you understand what I mean.'

Knowing the reputation of Bae Wonwoo as one of the much stricter and colder members of the Bae family, Logan knew he shouldn't press anymore buttons or else this would end up in a wrong or maybe even... a violent situation. 

Being the much relaxed and calm brother, Bae Seungcheol slightly smiles and stretches his hands to move the party towards his office. 

'I don't think this is the right place for us to be talking about business..... How about we move to my office and have some Whiskey while we're on it. 

Consider it as a welcome greeting to New York.'

As the gentlemen all prepare to go to Seungcheol's office, YoonOh hurriedly excuses himself and walks out the mansion's front door not without of course.....exchanging glares with Seokhoon. 

Walking the long halls of the Bae Family's humongous mansion, Logan makes small talk with the two brothers while Minhyuk and Seokhoon walk behind them. 

The walls were covered with amazing collections of art probably dating back from the different centuries and in the end of the hall, a beautiful portrait of a young family. It looked pretty old but it was obvious that it was cleaned everyday and preserved for years to come. 

Noticing their gazes on the portrait, Seungcheol speaks as they stop in front of the huge picture.

'That's a very old family portrait of when we were all still complete, I'm sure you all know the woman standing in the center.....

My stepmother Yoonhee eomma, the little baby she's carrying is Rona and the 3 little kids are me, Wonwoo and our JooHyun noona. And of course, the man in the center is our father.... the late Chairman Bae.' 

Logan nods as he focuses on Yoonhee's face. She was smiling and it looked like she was actually happy in life at that moment. 

'It seems like you adore Yoonhee ssi.... I guess she wasn't a simple step mother to you guys.'

This time, unexpectedly it was Bae Wonwoo's turn to speak. With his hands crossed behind his back, Wonwoo nods and also looks at Yoonhee's picture. 

'Yes, eventhough Yoonhee eomma wasn't our real mother.... She treated us all equally and loved all of us dearly. She was the one who taught us how to appreciate and love art. It's a shame that she had to meet such a cruel demise.' 

With Wonwoo's last statement, everyone goes quiet. Realizing the awkward air was returning. Seungcheol slightly glares at his brother and changes the topic as he ushers them in to his office. 

After each of them settle onto the velvet chairs in Seungcheol's office. Minhyuk's eyes widen and his mouth gape at the interior design of Seungcheol's office. 

It was literally every successful man's dream to have such a cool office space like that. 

Seokhoon meanwhile only had his eyes on one thing. On the coffee table was a picture frame with a fairly recent picture. Bae Rona and Jung YoonOh's pictorial picture for a popular magazine. 

In the picture, Rona had her arms around YoonOh's neck while YoonOh had his arms wrapped around the female's waist. 

Somehow, this contributed further to the growing fury inside Seokhoon's heart and he was now really much more in the game to talk to Rona before he leaves this goddamn mansion. 

Back in the 2nd floor bedroom, Rona sighs as she waits for YoonOh. Turning her head, she notices a key placed on her bedside table. 

'Oh!!! This is YoonOh's car keys.....' 

Realizing that YoonOh might need his keys, Rona contemplates whether or not to go down and give it to him. Sighing, Rona huffs and thinks nothing of it and disregards YoonOh's orders earlier. 

'Whatever.... I'll just go and give this to him. That's right.... Let's just get this over with Bae Rona!!!' 

As Rona walks down the stairs, she walks over to the garden to escape the numerous maids and bodyguards whom always annoyed her whenever she tried to walk out the front door. 

But as she tries to find a place to go through the front porch without being seen, a unfamiliar voice calls her name from behind starling her out of her wits. 

'Rona yah....?'

______________________________________________________

Meanwhile, YoonOh silently curses at his sudden interaction with Joo Seokhoon. He had been filled with anxiety ever since he met the man one day ago and interacted with him. 

For the first time in his life, the handsome man was scared... terrified. 

'I can't lose her.... ever, not now, not later or not anytime.'

Walking towards his car, the male tucks his hand into his pocket to take out his keys until he realizes.... It wasn't in his pockets. Panic strikes in to his system. Turning back in a instant, the male dashes up towards Rona's room only to find it empty. 

His face turn white and his lips start to tremble. YoonOh runs back down the grand staircase and tries to find the female. He wanted to be as discreet as possible until he reaches the entrance to the estate's garden ..... and then his fears had came true, his heart drops at the scene that played out in front of him. 

Author's Notes :

6 chapter updates for today ends hereeeee
I had to update earlier than expected.

Your gal is so stressed that she actually wrote 6 chapters in one day.... Anyway enjoyyyy and see you all in future chapters

Happy Reading
More angst to come
-🍑

To : wild_lav
Thanks for motivating me all the time 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖😭😍