28// From The Beginning

Year 2027
New York, USA
Bae Estate

'If you'll all excuse me.... I'll just go to the bathroom.'

Cutting the business talk, Joo Seokhoon politely asks permission from the other men that he ws going to the bathroom. Bae Seungcheol nods and points at the door.

'It's on the left from this hallway, the 2nd door.'

Seokhoon nods and exits the office.

From behind, Bae Wonwoo's gaze lingers on Seokhoon's back until his figure disappears into the hallway that Seungcheol had pointed to earlier.

As Seokhoon goes out of sight from the Bae's, he finally starts executing his plan to find Rona. But just how could he find her in this humongous mansion ?

His heart was racing, his mind was in tatters. He was finally here....

A few steps away from the woman he so longed to talk to and see. The one who owned his heart back then and still owns it until the present.

Deciding to walk up the grand staircase, he stumbles upon a opened door. He soon realizes that it was Rona's bedroom due to the amount of pictures that were displayed on the walls. But... she wasn't there.

Hence, the male walks back down to scan the whole place, suddenly he catches a opened back door with his peripheral vision. It felt right and without a moment's hesitation, he slowly approaches the opened door that looked like it lead to an outdoor area.

As he went closer, a familiar voice fills his ears and that's when Joo Seokhoon realized..... his finally found her.

Aish !!!! Why did the oppa's have to hire so many bodyguards..... This is so irritating.'

Bae Rona groans as she takes a sit in one of the garden's stone columns to think of a way on how to evade security.

She was incredibly gorgeous today, wearing a designer off shoulder knee length floral dress with her long brunette hair flowing down. She was indeed dressed up to go and meet her 'future in laws'.

Unbeknownst to her.... she would instead meet an important person from her possibly distant and forgotten past.

As Rona scanned the bodyguards who were guarding the front door, she tries to think of a new strategy to escape their line of sight. Until a unfamiliar voice suddenly calls her name and startles the life out of her.

'Rona yah....?'

It happened in slow motion.... well at least in Seokhoon's point of view, it did.

She turned around with a confused expression, her hair flying through the cool wind breeze of the day, which made her look much ethereal and unreal.

Seokhoon didn't really know what to tell her or ask her.... he hadn't made plans at all for this moment. But one thing's for sure.... his heart had started to drum itself in his soul that he felt like he was about to burst.

Rona tilts her head as she smiles at the 'stranger'.

'Annyeonghaseyo....? You must be my brothers' guest. Have you lost your way.....?'

Scanning the male's face, Rona suddenly clutches onto her chest and groans under her breathe. Mentally she started to talk to herself.

'What is this ? Why is my heart hurting? I've never felt this before....'

But being the strong woman that she is, Rona endures the burning pain in her heart and fake smiles at the male.

'You..... you look oddly familiar to me, I don't mean to be rude but....have we met before ?'

Seokhoon could only freeze on the spot, internally he had already confirmed that something did happen to Rona.

'She isn't faking it.... she doesn't remember me. What do I do now !!?'

Forcing a smile on his face, Seokhoon tucks his hands into his pants and nods.

'Yes.... in fact we met 3 years ago. In the ball, I may have mistaken you as someone I thought was very precious to me. I apologize belatedly Rona ssi..... I had a few drinks that night, you see.'

It took the female a few minutes to realize what he was talking about until she finally remembers what he was pertaining to. Plastering on her sweet smile, the female shakes her head and her eyes twinkle under the beautiful trees and flowers of the Bae garden.

'No, no..... I also had a few drinks that night so I may have acted a bit rude towards you.... May I ask... what is your name ?'

Seokhoon's heart fluttered at her familiar smile, but at the same time it pained him to realize that this wasn't the Rona that he had knew before. This was a different version of the girl he loves and he was quite disheartened.

'My name is Joo Seokhoon... I'm here with my step father and friend to discuss matters with Chairman and President Bae, I'm the Chairman of Shimwoon Group.'

As if she had realized something, Rona's eyes brighten and she walks forward to approach the male. Stretching out her hands, she smiles and speaks in her soft tone.

'Shimwoon !!? So you're the chairman of the company? It's very nice to finally meet you Chairman Joo.... I've heard amazing things about your company. You must be here for the upcoming charity gala then.'

Seokhoon could only ask himself if this was even real, he wanted to pinch himself to see if the Rona in front of him was a mere illusion. Gazing down at her hands, the male trembles but soon accepts her hands.

He had to accept it then and there..... that this was the reality and although Joo Seokhoon felt pain and heartbreak upon realization of Rona's state. He just knew he had to get to the bottom of this and find out what truly happened and perhaps.... He also found hope that he could start over again with the woman he so loved.

And yet again.... Fate has gave it's answer to the once young lovers.

After 3 years, Bae Rona and Joo Seokhoon met again.

They were friends, then lovers, and soon became strangers and now......the story starts yet again from the beginning.

Author's Notes :

You guys!!! They've finally met after so many freaking chapters!!!!

It took 28 chaptersss (literally)

And now.... Seokhoon and Rona's story starts here, this will get hella interesting 🤣

aphtermis you can start reading this au now 🤭🤣🤣 Seokro is hereee

And wild_lav ahhhhhhh, I've updated againnnn
(I should just give YoonOh to you 😔🤧🙆🏻‍♀️)

Anyways Happy Reading

-🍑

P.S - I also updated this au last night after so many monthssss

S - I also updated this au last night after so many monthssss