2// Always Waiting

Year 2027
New York, USA
Bae International Corps Building

A gentle knock fills the silent and modern office.

Bae SeungCheol looks up and smiles gently at the entrance of his youngest sister.

'Oppa.... Can I come in?'

Smoothing out his dark and dashing suit, SeungCheol nods and stands to go sit by the couch area of his humongous office.

As the 2 siblings settle down, SeungCheol grins at Rona and finally speaks.

'What pleasure do I owe you that my dearest Rona came on a sudden visit today?'

Chuckling at her brother's statement, Rona brings out a wrapped beige box and excitedly hands it to him.

'Secretary Kim picked it up for me today since the studio said it was ready... Open it and see.'

Rubbing her head in a childish matter, SeungCheol grins at his youngest sibling and proceeds to unwrap the small box.

Inside was a framed picture of himself and Rona. It was a stolen snapshot of their recent family vacation to Greece.

They were too wrapped up in their childish fights that they didn't notice someone had taken a picture of them.

Stroking the glass frame, he looks up to meet the shiny eyes of his youngest sibling and silently thank her.

'It's beautiful.... Where did you get it?'

Tilting her head to the side, Rona adorabky explains to her brother with a pout.

'I asked Secretary Kim to take random snapshots of us then... I came upon this one. It may not be much but I just wanted to show you how great of an older brother you are.'

SeungCheol could only glance at Rona. Overcomed by her thoughts and words, he gently stands and brings his sister in a warm brotherly embrace.

' Isn't it natural that I would take good care of you? Your my youngest sister, our youngest sister.... Oppa will make sure no one will ever attempt to hurt you. So just continue to focus on your health and your career. Do you understand that?'

Letting go from the embrace, Rona nods at SeungCheol with her signature wide eyes and innocent smile.

Snapping out of his thoughts, SeungCheol clasps his hands together and looks up at the wall clock.

' I almost forgot.... Don't we need to have dinner with the Jung' s tonight? I already told Wonwoo that I would be bringing you to the restaurant so don't spend too much time on your make up..... I will be heading home at 6----'

As his nagging went on, Rona suddenly stands and waves her hands in front of her brother with a slightly annoyed expression.

' I get it, I get it.... Stop nagging as if your a mom. I'll go home after this and prepare early so that you don't have to wait so.... Rest assured and have a little trust on your precious sister.'

Year 2027
Seoul, South Korea
ShimWoon Corporation Main Office

Scribbling and the sound of pen meeting paper fills the dark office of the young man who looked drained after a exhausting day.

Seokhoon sat with his disheveled hair and untied tie scribbling away in a piece of paper.

Groaning and crumpling each paper, he threw them away one by one only to take a new one and the process repeats over and over again.

Frustrated and annoyed, Seokhoon stood up from his chair and agressively kicks the pile of crumpled papers away with a frustrated groan.

Walking over to his mini bar, he silently pours himself a shot of whiskey and tries to collect himself.

Oddly enough, the nightview of his office didn't seem to help at all as tears streamed down his eyes.

Sliding down the wall as his legs gave up, he buried his face on his knees and sobbed.

Unable to control his emotions, he smashes the shot glass on the marble floor injuring his hand in the process.

Blood oozed out his hands as he stared at it with his lifeless eyes.

It was to the point where one could say, he didn't feel pain anymore. Sighing, he takes his phone out and dials his secretary.

'Come and take me home.... I'm not driving tonight.'

With a simple order, he slowly got up and walked towards his desk to collect his blazer.

Glancing at the computer screen for the last time, he sighs and shuts it off unable to look at the image from the news article that popped out earlier anymore.

Taking his phone, he scans his office for the last time and exits the empty office building to feel the quiet and dark night breeze.

He had calmly wrapped his injured hand in a white cloth as he patiently waited for his secretary.

No sooner, a sleek Black BMW pulls up near the entrance. As if it was nothing new, the middle aged man gently and slowly helped his master in the car and drove away.

Inside the messy and empty office, a middle aged maintenance man enters the office to finally clean up.

As he gathered the crumpled papers, he had noticed that there was something oddly similar about them.

Written in each paper, was the same and exact message. It was as if Seokhoon had decided to write it over and over again then threw it away to simply amuse himself.

Rona yah....

I saw your picture with him again today.

Are you truly happy now?
Well.... It's fine if you have forgotten a jerk like me.

Just know one thing.... I'll always be waiting for you. If that jerk decides to break your heart one day.

I'll be waiting until you decide to give me your heart again.

Always waiting and loving you,
Seokhoon

Notes :

You guys will love the amount of brotherly love that will appear in this au.

I specifically chose SCOUPS and WONWOO to play the brothers cause they have that hot older brother aura.

I would usually chose my bias MINGYU, but his still a babie 🥰

❤️❤️❤️
HAPPY READING

-🍑