10// The Reason For Your Smile

Year 2024
New York, USA
Julliard Academy

Flocks of students fill the huge hallways of the prestigious art academy. Rona smiles as she arranges her books and lecture notes in her locker.

Gazing at the little picture of Seokhoon and her from one of their dating days she gently strokes and smiles at his bright face.

'Rona yah!!!'

Slightly jumping at the voice behind her, she turns to find YoonOh who was still holding his books.

Rona smiles and abruptly closes her locker behind to greet the male with her signature cheery voice.

Without realizing, YoonOh had been standing not far behind her a few minutes before and had witnessed her adoring gaze on the picture she secretly attached in her locker.

Collecting himself out of his thoughts, YoonOh plastered his dimpled smile on and continued.

'I heard from my hyung that our families are going to have dinner tonight at your family's estate....'

Startled at the new information, Rona tilts her head flustered.

'No one told me that we were going to have dinner though. Are you sure?'

YoonOh nods clasping his hands together as he replies.

'My dad and SeungCheol hyung decided to gather our families last minute.... Wonwoo hyung called me to inform you since you may not have been informed yet.'

Awkwardly clutching onto her handbag, Rona nods and smiles at the male.

'Thanks for informing me then.... I'll be sure to head home and prepare quickly. Then.... See you later, I guess?'

YoonOh nods as he waves at Rona shyly. Watching her head into the Bae family car and off she went.

The smile soon falters from YoonOh's lips as he recalls the scene he witnessed a few seconds prior.

' I probably won't have a chance at all.... Would I?'

Year 2024
New York, USA
Bae Estate

Laughter and jokes filled the Bae household as the Jung's dined with them.

From across the dining table, YoonOh stole glances at the silent female who either fumbled with her food or plastered on smile for the sake of her family's guests.

Noticing her silent demeanor and slightly exhausted appearance. Chairman Jung turns his attention to the youngest Bae.

'Rona, my dear.... Are you okay? If you are too tired, you can go ahead and rest up.'

The whole table turned their attention to Rona. Wonwoo nodded as he reassured and  silently told the younger female to go and rest up for the day.

Standing up and politely bowing to the people in the dining table. Rona smiles and replies with her low voice.

' Thank you very much Chairman Jung. I'll be retiring for the night now, please excuse me.'

As she left and went upstairs, YoonOh gazes at her back quite sadly and sighed.

Shutting the heavy wooden door behind her, Rona let's out a sigh of relief and dashes straight to her phone.

Dialing the familiar number, a bright smile appears on her face as the sweet and affectionate voice fills her huge and silent bedroom.

'Did you have a great day today... Rona yah?'

Rona nods unconsciously and grins as she lays on the comforts of her huge and fluffy pillows.