14// Make It Count

Year 2025
New York, USA
Bae Estate

Rona smiles at the elderly woman as she fed her a bowl of fragrant and hot congee.

Laying her head on the headboard of the humongous bed. The elderly woman smiles and leans forward to gently tuck the female's loose baby hairs behind her ears.

'It's a huge relief that your recovering well young miss....I was very worried for you.'

Rona tilts her head as she weakly smiles at the elderly female and replies with her hushed and shaky voice.

'Thank you very much for taking good care of me Ms. Parker, Thanks to your amazing cooking I was able to regain my strength in a flash.'

The elder woman smiles and nods, looking back up. She unexpectedly meets eyes with someone.

Leaning on the doorframe, YoonOh silently smiles and observes the 2 women.

Smirking at his sudden presence, Ms. Parker continues teasingly aware of the fact that Rona had not yet realize of his presence.

'Well.... Technically it wasn't because of my cooking that made you better. I must go and clean up now so that you'd have your private time to recharge yet again.... Enjoy, young miss'

Before Rona could eveb understand what she meant, she turns and finds the dashing male smiling at her.

'Hi....'

A blush slightly creeps onto her cheeks as she nods and acknowledges his presence.

'Hi.... I didn't know you'd come today.'

YoonOh finally enters the bedroom and sits on the chair beside her bed.

'Well, didn't I promise you that from now on....I'd be present and will accompany you on walks?'

Bashfully smiling and nodding, Rona looks down at her hands to hide her flushed face.

Grinning at her reaction, YoonOh confidently reaches out to rest his hand on hers.

Slightly startling her, Rona glances at the male with wide eyes.

' Should we go on a walk.... Rona yah?'

Blushing and already feeling hot from the suffocating feeling of his heart fluttering actions, Rona nods and smiles at him.

YoonOh gently carried the female and cautiously placed her on the wheelchair set near the bed. After some preparations, he gently placed a blanket on her lap and they were ready to go.

Pushing her out towards the huge gardens. Rona smiles at the peaceful scenery and fresh breeze of nature.

'Does your body still hurt?'

Rona shakes her head at his question and leans back on the wheelchair's back cushion.

'Thanks to so many people helping me.... I've received the proper medication and therapy. I think I can walk alone again very soon.'

YoonOh grins and nods at her statement. Abruptly stopping in front of a bunch of flowers. The male sits down on the bench and glances at the female in front of him.

Taking her hands in his, he gives her his signature dimpled boyish smile.

' I'm glad that your recovering well.....'

Rona stays silent as she feels the dark shade of crimson appear once again on her cheeks.

'To be frank.... I came here today with a goal and determination.'

Taking out something from his white jeans, YoonOh grips on a tiny blue velvet box. As he opens it, Rona's jaw is slightly agape at the beauty and shine of the piece of jewelry.

Low and behold, a beautiful and sparkly diamond ring with tiny bits of emerald encrusted on the sides as border.

Looking up at Rona's flustered expression, YoonOh chuckles and holds her left hand.

'Don't get me wrong... I'm not proposing marriage to you yet. But, I'm going to gather all my confidence today and ask you if you would like to be my girlfriend......?'

Rona gazes at the male for a few seconds until a wide smile forms on her face. Reaching out to his broad shoulders, she wraps him in a hug and nods.

' I will.... I will be your girlfriend. '

YoonOh could feel the intensity of the feelings he held back for so long rush up from his veins.

With a wide and bright smile on his face, he slightly blushes and reaches for the bashful female's hands to swiftly slide in the beautiful ring.

Squatting down, YoonOh gazes at the female's hazel orbs and leans in to press a sweet peck on her forehead.

'Thank you.... Rona yah.'

Rona smiles and nods as she blushes and looks down to admire the precious and sparkly ring that now rests on her finger.

YoonOh could only look at the female with a smile, but somehow there was this stuffy feeling that made him almost suffocate.

' Thank you Rona yah......
And I'm sorry, but I'll make much more beautiful memories with you from now on.'

'YoonOh yah..... I've been getting your attention since a while ago. Is something wrong?'

Snapping out of his thoughts, he turns his attention to the wide eyed female and quickly covers his blank expression with a affectionate grin.

Shaking his head, he replies with his sweet and boyish voice.

' It's nothing.... I was just thinking about something. Should we go to the golf area and get some fresh air?'

Nodding with a excited expression, Rona smiles and sits up from her wheelchair.

Swiftly, YoonOh pushes the wheelchair and walks out the garden and off to the hills for a much fresh and cool breeze.

As Rona silently enjoys the fresh and cool breeze of the Bae's private family estate. YoonOh had deep and heavy thoughts on his mind.

His heart was heavy but seeing her smile was enough.

'It's okay YoonOh yah.... There's no need to feel guilty.

What matters now is that she chose you now.....

Make it count.'

Notes :

Please don't kill meeee

I updated my other au's just so you guys won't be angry at this chapter.

Also show some love to YoonOh cause there will be plot twists soon 💖

Ugh.... Seokro seriously has to meet soon tho

Happy Reading

- 🍑