Confession

Jungkook agreed in a flick. Yoongi's sharp tone had done all the magic.

You could never be happier.

"But Jeon, what went wrong yesterday" You hesitantly asked.

"Let's not talk about it" He shooed you away.

"I mean you both were fine until I picked up the call and came back. Did she say something?"

"I told you, let's not talk about it"

"If there's anything, you can talk to me. Okay?" you put a arm around his shoulder.

He mildly smiled while nodding his head.

-

You saw Jungkook glaring at you the moment you let Aera sit beside him at Yoongi's house.

So here y'all were, stuffing ramen while talking together. To your utmost surprise, even the introverted Yoongi was enthusiastic today. 

She was lowkey quiet today and a bit down. She anyway agreed to tag along since she wanted to catch up with your brother.

"Btw Yoongi, a girl named Jiwoo called me today" You started.

He went pale, "Jiwoo? Lee Jiwoo?"

"Do you know her?"

"She was obsessed with me in uni. She legit asked me out 12 times"

"No way" Aera laughed.

"Yes way. I mean, what do you expect with such a pretty face of mine. Girls were crazy after me"

"Oh sure" you rolled your eyes.

"I'm being dead serious right now. They would run around me all day"

"Poor Yoongi aged because of that" You sarcastically commented as he threw a jello candy at your head.

"You have had a lot of experience with your love life it seems" Aera said while gulping down her noodles.

"Totally"

You butted in the fresh conservation, "Meanwhile, I have no luck even though I look like this"

"You have no luck because you look like this" your brother passed a rude objection.

"aye, she's pretty enough" Aera tossed him a small glare. "right kook?"

The atmosphere suddenly went rigid. All eyes were turned to Jungkook as he played with his fingers. He poked his cheek as he looked at Aera while her smile ceased. 

"Yeah well" he shortly said.

You cleared your throat, "I'm going to get some soju"

Yoongi followed you into the kitchen, "Why are they like this?"

"I know right. It's almost frustrating. Kook was being was no reason"

"Well, she didn't have to ask him. Everything would be fine" 

"Are you taking sides now?" you cupped your waist.

"Nah. Not my business. I'm just telling that everything was fine until she asked him."

He was right. Everything was just fine.

"You know, this happened yesterday too, just that I went away to answer my mom over the phone"

He curled his lips, "something's going on. Like-they're being obvious about not liking each other"

"Aera told me a few days ago that she li-"

"CAN YOU STOP IT?" you were startled at jungkook's sudden scream that came from the front room. Yoongi looked at you for a split second before you both rushed out.

"I just-" Aera started but was harshly cut off.

"You are WELL AWARE that I dont like it when you talk this bullshit"

"But you-"

"YOU STARTED IT YESTERDAY TOO. IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING AERA STOP IT. I dont care what you think or wish, just stop making it obvious."

"Well then Jungkook, why dont you tell everyone her what's bothering you" she folded her arms.

"What?"

"You exactly know what I'm talking about" Aera took a deep breath before continuing, "I think hana deserves to know"

"Guys?" you slowly said to ease the tension.

"It's nothin-" Jungkook was cut off this time.

"He likes you, since grade 7th" Aera turned towards you.

Someone spilled the beans, Yoongi had seen it coming.

You awkwardly laughed, "What nonse-"

"Isn't that the reason you ignored her in 8th?" Aera glared at Jungkook with a agitated expression.

" You knew?" Jungkook quietly asked.

She scoffed, "of course I knew. You moved to Seoul because of her. Am I right Jeon?"

You widened your eyes while looking at Jungkook. You expected him to be furious at the statement but surprisingly, he put on a smirk, "well Aera, since you spilled the tea about me, it's only fair it people know a bit about you too"

Aera crashed her eyebrows in confusion as he added, "Knowing that I liked her, you confessed to me in grade 10th to stir up the situation more. Am I right"

Silenced filled the air as you stood there, completely clueless. 

In 10th you liked Jungkook. and Aera knew about that.

"Don't play dumb Aera. You told me a few days ago that Hana liked me in 10th. You still confessed to me" he furiously fixed his gaze.

"I suppose that's right" Yoongi broke the awkward stop in the conversation.

"Fuck off" Aera spat at Jungkook before harshly closing the door after her.

"It couldn't have been worse" Yoongi exhaled.

Jungkook locked eyes with you for a split second, "I'll leave then"

"Jungko-" you tried but he left.

"Let him be" Your brother pulled you on the couch beside him.

"Can you believe all this? Aera wouldn't do that to me" 

"She could"

"What makes you think so?"

"I knew about the entire situation"