chapter thirty-five

burlington, vermontsunday, january 1st9:30 p

burlington, vermont
sunday, january 1st
9:30 p.m.

                                smut warning

                              ——y/n's pov——

We ended up meeting in the staff bathroom of all places.

It is one of those bathrooms where it's just a room with one toilet, a counter, a plunger, and a bunch of decorations. I mean, it's clean and it looks new for the most part. I'm sitting on the toilet and Eren is leaned up against the counter. I don't know what to say. Or if I should let him speak first.

"I missed you," he says. "A lot."

I kick my legs back and forth and make eye contact with him. "I miss you too. I'm sorry for everything I put you through. I was a bitch."

Eren shakes his head no so quickly that it scares me. "Don't you dare apologize. You didn't do anything. This was my fault and we both know it."

"We both fucked up," I whisper to myself.

Eren bites the inside of his cheek. "I never told you because I didn't know how you would see me."

"I'll always see you the same, Eren. I can't change what happened with your dad, but that's so shitty for him to do. I'm pissed off for you and I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm happy you and your mom got out of that situation," I look up at him and smile. His hands are in his pockets and he's looking down at the floor.

"But what I'm most upset about is the fact that you didn't trust me enough to tell me about all of this"—I gesture just to everything—"I wouldn't tell anyone, if that's what you're thinking. I tell you everything and you never bothered to tell me this. I was so confused why you were out so late all the time and how you could afford all of your things."

He's just nodding to himself as I talk. "I'm sorry. I thought you would me as this lazy rich asshole."

"I'll never see you like that."

"Well I'm sorry about the crash. I know that was my fault." Eren wipes his wipes with he's hand. This makes me stand up and go towards him.

"It wasn't your fault. It was an accident and a little bit of my reckless driving," I chuckle. "I think you were starting to rub off on me."

I pick his chin up and see his glossy eyes. I swipe away the tears with my thumb and hug him. Oh god it feels so good. The smell. The fancy cologne smell. I want to smell it all day.

Eren wraps his arms around me and he's practically strangling me. I don't care. "I missed you so much," I whisper into his neck.

I feel him nod.

"That was very brave of you out there today Eren." I'm a smiling mess right night and I'm glad he can't see me because I would cringe if I saw me smile this much.