chapter twenty

miami, floridasaturday, august 27th1:47 p

miami, florida
saturday, august 27th
1:47 p.m.

                            ——eren's pov——

"We'll hang out" my ass.

That single sentence was a lie to me and it felt like a knife was being buried right into my heart. I get it, she's busy with school work and trying to maintain good relations with her friends. But come on! It would be nice if she made time for me because I make time for her.

She told me we would hang out this week on Tuesday. Guess what? It is Saturday and she's been off the radar ever since she texted me. Ever since Tuesday, the only messages in our private conversations are from me. It makes me look like a obsessed freak but all I want is for her to respond.

I feel helpless.

My last message to Y/n was from this morning. The word "delivered" stays underneath it. No "read" anywhere. Where are you Y/n and are you mad at me?

I left one call that went to her voicemail and that was it. I never bothered to call her again and when my phone does go off, I wish it were her. But it is not.

Sure, go ahead and call me clingy but I cannot help it. She is the one thing on my mind that makes me happy and makes me feel alive. I love how I feel with her. Zero judgement and I can be myself. I'm not compressed into this little box when I am with her. I can talk about my feelings and actually be emotional with her.

It's basically a judgement free zone with her.

I have just woken up and there are no messages from her. A few from the guys but that's it. I am itching from the inside just waiting for her to reach out.

But she won't and isn't.

So I guess I will.

me: we need to talk

me: please? it's important

She is doing god knows what right now. Although, I can perfectly picture it all in my mind: Y/n feels a vibration in her pockets and pulls her phone out to see that it from me. Will she be happy or upset?

My imagination must be right because she actually messages me back. Quick tip: if you really want someone to respond, send some mysterious shit that makes them think.

y/n: when and where?

me: coffee shop on campus at seven?

me: does that work with you?

y/n: yes. i'll be there.

me: good.

A satisfied grin curves my lips and I lean back into the headboard of my bed. She doesn't know what's going to hit her when we see each other. I have  been longing for it because I haven't seen her since our date.