chapter twelve

miami, floridathursday, august 4th8:29 p

miami, florida
thursday, august 4th
8:29 p.m.

                          ——eren's pov——

"Hurry up! Show is starting in less than two minutes!" Connie shouts and checks repeatedly between the crowd and us. We're standing here still getting last minute things done.

Jean takes his beanie off and ruffles his hair. "Damn Connie, we're going as fast as we can." He paces around, adjusting his earpiece. Connie huffs in frustration and sits back down for the remaining moments.

Armin sends a message to Annie. I know because he has that cheesy grin on his face when he talks about her. Gross. I just so happen to glance at his phone and see kiss emojis after the text he sent.

I check my phone for any messages and see a few from my mom, our manager, and Y/n. Opening the first one, my mom just tells me to sleep well and asks when I'll come visit.

Soon Mom. Soon. Next weekend?

Then, I skip over our manager's and go to Y/n. Three messages. Three.

Hope dinner with your mom is going good!
7:00 p.m.

just got 2 the festival!! you would've loved this
7:50 p.m.

okgdmfk you will never guess who i just met
8:12 p.m.

Taking a final glance at the clock and back to the guys, I nod at them that it's time. Connie is the first to go out and I can already hear people screaming louder than before.

it's going rlly good :) wish i was there with you ughhh

WHO DID YOU MEET

I feel guilty. Ashamed. Like a fraud. I hate lying to people, but it's for my sake. I don't like lying to Y/n at all, in fact I'm pissed at myself. At the same time, do I even know her enough that she needs to know what I do?

Nonsense, it's my business.

Shit. No. She's a good girl though, and she's always there when you need something to do. I think I know her fairly well.

Shut the fuck up, Eren.

Those are the messages I send before I throw my phone down onto the counter and place the mask over my face.

My biceps bulge again the red tee shirt I picked out. I don't try to be showy, but it's so fucking hot outside. One thing I do have to do though is having to wear pants at every performance. My tattoos are too noticeable on my legs. So, I just wore black sweats. I put my hair up in a bun and put minimal jewelry on: two necklaces.

I'm the last to leave and the smell of greasy food hits me in a wave once I get out backstage. Jean is waving at people in the crowd, and then waves in a specific direction. Connie has his fists up in the air pumping them up and down. Armin is blowing air kisses left and right.