chapter eleven

miami, floridathursday, august 4th7:57 p

miami, florida
thursday, august 4th
7:57 p.m.

——y/n's pov——

The Miami Music Festival is one place to go if you're a tourist and looking for shit to do.

Every single place I look, there's kids running around with water guns, adults drinking, and people dancing. Guys have their girlfriends on their shoulders singing to the songs while they have beers in hand drinking away their years.

The festival takes place in downtown Miami in one of the major parks. There's food trucks everywhere, managers and producers everywhere, and just everything everywhere. In front of the crowd is a HUGE stage with bright lights shining down on the singers at the moment. People scream lyrics so loud that it could probably blow out my eardrum.

Schools start up this month, so teens are trying to savor up all the fun they can get. My senior year was like this, but it just went downhill after that.

With Reiner.

Stop it. Stop thinking about it. It was two days ago and it's time to move on with my life. We came out here to get our minds off of him. I have other things to look forward to.

For instance: I have to study.

Thank god Eren pulled the alarm because I was struggling so much during that test. Ackerman called us around and told us the test would be on Monday. I'm safe for a few days.

I wish Eren would've came tonight, but his mom is visiting. I wonder if he gets to see his mom often because it seemed pretty big to me that he skipped out on coming with me tonight. It would've been nice for him to meet Sasha and Mikasa.

I wave it off in my mind and focus on Mika and Sasha. Sasha has a corn dog in her hand and she's deep throating it to make Mika laugh. She gags and starts coughing. Mikasa slaps her knee and laughs.

"I know you're not gagging for a four inch corn dog," I slap her on the back and giggle with them.

"She was choking on a mini corn dog right before you got here," Mikasa jeers and gets a hold of herself.

I fake gasp and smile at them both. My best friends. My number ones.

I look around for Annie and then back to them. There's too many short blonds for me to actually see her. "Where's Annie?" I ask.

"She's with Armin. I think she's helping him get ready," Mikasa tells me.

"Yeah by giving him a good luck blow job," Sasha jokes with me. Then she sticks her finger in her mouth and makes moaning noises.

Mikasa pushes her in the shoulder and covers her mouth from her laughing.

I throw my hands around their shoulders and begin walking around the crowd of people—multiple crowds—to a relatively bare place. We watch as people puke up their guts and cringe. Hardly anyone stands where we are because it's a shit view of the stage.