chapter twenty-five

miami, floridafriday, september 9th10:02 p

miami, florida
friday, september 9th
10:02 p.m.

                                smut warning

——eren's pov——

I was the one who suggested we should leave early.

I lied. Said we both had a busy day tomorrow and that we needed to rest up or else we'd be too sluggish to even leave bed tomorrow morning. All one big fat lie.

She looked upset. Uncomfortable. Quiet. All because her friend mentioned something that made Y/n's switch flip. I'm mad for her, but I do not know the whole story behind what Sasha was going to say. She ruined the moment. I won't even try denying it. I missed seeing my lively girlfriend in that moment because for the first time: she looked really upset.

Armin dropped us off at the dock while they continued to boat for the rest of the evening. Y/n and I decided to just go back to my place after getting in the car.

The whole car ride, she was quiet. I could see her shoulders move up and down occasionally and small sniffles. She would rub her eyes and look out the window. Y/n wouldn't even look at me.

I felt pain for her.

Pain that made me want to cry because I hate seeing my girlfriend so helpless.

She is sprawled out on my bed right now, scrolling through her phone. Her back facing mine. I don't know if I should even say anything because I have not been in a situation like this before.

My head lays flat on the pillow. My eyes are wide open and the only thing I listen to is her shifting in the bed and her soft breathing. I turn over and pull her to my chest.

I don't say a thing. Just burying my head in her neck and close my eyes. Being out there makes her hair smell like the ocean—not the gross smell— and the faint smell of beer and the Whiteclaw she was drinking.

A sigh leaves her lips and a gulp travels down her throat. My touch on her skin lights up the many goosebumps appearing on her. It isn't even cold in here. In fact, it's a little stuffy.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I whisper. It's a faint one. One I can barely hear.

"No," she says back. Lower than my whisper. My heart cracks when she says that. I've known her for three months, and how can I feel so much emotion for her? Is it because she's my girlfriend?

I take a strand of her hair and put it behind her ear. She puts her phone down on the nightstand and puts her hand in mine.

"That's okay. You can tell me when you're ready—or not."

Now I am gulping. "Is there anything you need?"

I see her mouth part slightly. She pauses then nods. "I want you to distract me. Please." She turns around so we are facing each other. Her eyes are brimming with tears and what she says comes hoarse.