It was one of those nights, where the loneliness of only getting to see him when he was too intoxicated to remember anything I did or said, made me to fantasise a little to make it easier. I imagined we were married, he was my husband who'd just gotten back from a night of drinking with friends and wanted cuddles because he felt needy.

I let a few stray tears fall from my eyes down onto the pillow as I basked in the life that was taken from us. We could have had everything... and the worst part was he didn't even know it.

I don't know when it had happened but instinctively, I'd lifted my hands to settled on his clothed back. Thankfully he hadn't woken up and so, I allowed myself to feel what it was like to hold him as I slowly shut my eyes, wanting to follow him into dreamland.

»»»»»»»»»»

I didn't wait for Father Dec to wake up before starting my day, he wouldn't have wanted me to. So I left him sleeping peacefully in the morning and tiptoed downstairs to prepare some breakfast.

It was another half an hour before I heard him using the shower. I placed down my paper and went to the hob, turning on the gas ready to cook the bacon, eggs and sausages.

We'd done this enough times that I knew the routine. He'd start his shower, I'd start cooking the food and when he came downstairs we didn't talk about the night before unless he brought it up... which he rarely ever did.

The Short Brown haired priest looked adorable as he stumbled into the kitchen sleepily. Be rubbed his wet hair with a towel and slumped towards his barstool- which was actually my preferred one but he liked to watch me cook so I'd moved to the opposite stool for him.

He yawned and rubbed his face, the hangover looking to be one of the worse ones he'd had in a while.

I took the orange juice I'd squeezed ready and placed it infront of him, along with a glass of water and two aspirin. He winced and shook his head.

"Sorry i cant do the Orange juice, had Orange and tequila last night." Dec voice was slightly deeper and gravelly from sleep but the way he pouted was undeniably childlike.

Nodding, I removed the orange juice so it wouldn't make him feel sick before reboiling the kettle.

I hated this silence between us but It was better than him growing uncomfortable and leaving early.

I flipped the sausages as they were almost finished and placed a freshly brewed coffee infront of the smaller man. "Thanks." He mumbled in relief, taking an eager gulp of caffeine.

As soon as the toast was ready, I loaded up his plate and placed it front of him with ketchup before doing the same with my own.

"Looks Amazing Anth, Thankyou."

"Ya welcome." I replied with a smile because although the conversation was a little forced, it wasn't at all unnatural. We'd done this a thousand times before and so he knew he didn't need to grovel to appreciated my hospitality.

We ate in silence at first.

"Anything interesting going on in the world?" Declan asked as he placed down his knife and fork, looking a lot better than he did.

My eyes flickered up from my paper and I shrugged, "Not really. Nothing cheery anyway. Local news is focusing on those robberies that happened a few days back."