Convergence part-2

"A picture where everyone is laughing and smiling," I replied with a sad smile, "everyone except me."

Mr. Toneri's mouth went agape but then it shifted into a sad smile, before his body turned into nothingness.

Present
Boruto POV

I told Sarada every incident that took place between me and Mr. Toneri.

There was an overflowing amount of emotion being hinted on her mature face.

Helplessness
Sorrow
Agony

Her elegant figure started trembling but she regained her posture and hardened her expression.

"So you did all this-, " Sarada trailed off, sadness plastered on her face.

"Yeah." I said with a sad smile. I looked at the ground, preparing myself to tell her the whole story.

"My plan was the convergence of all the villages. I wanted all the villages to become one. For doing that, I needed to gain the trust of the small 5 villages. Thats Why I became the villain of 5 big villages and fought them. By winning against them, it gave me the opportunity to gain the trust of the 5 small villages. Moreover, that's also the reason I didn't kill the kages. Although, many shinobis were killed by my hands." I stated as I looked at my hands, invisibly stained with blood.

"After defeating the kages, the news spread like a wildfire. I personally requested the presence of 5 small kages in my village. Of course , they came without any hesitation. They needed a weapon to win and to take their revenge against the 5 big villages. The very weapon was me. I said that my plan was to kill my dad and my loved ones,  and to make the 5 small villages rule over the world. They were happy with my motive and agreed to start the 5th great ninja war. However, my plan from the first was to betray them and put them in a position where they would've no choice but to join with the 5 big nations.

I betrayed them and teleported them in Konoha where all the kages were present. Here, either they would be killed by my hands or being imprisoned by the 5 big villages. However, I knew how soft dad was. I knew he would give them a chance to reconcile. Furthermore, the kage of sound village, Daisuke, made my plan easier. He thought I wouldn't notice his betrayal of meeting my dad in person. I acted like I didn't know anything but in reality he was the core of my plan. He solved the misunderstandings between the kages of small and big nations and reconciled. Everything that  happened since the Chunin exams was planned by me. I gave the 10 nations a common villain to fight against, a reason to reconcile, a path towards peace.

To be honest, I didn't want to believe Mr. Toneri. How can the 5 small village suddenly rival against the mighty big nations. Sadly he was right. I was the supreme commander of the shinobis of 5 small nations and trained them. They were criminally stronger than jonins and anbus that I fought in Konoha during the Chunin exams. In the future, if there was to be a war against 5 small nations then it would've been pretty equal. The only reason everything is peaceful is because the kages of small villages have already suffered enough. If there was to be a war then as Mr. Toneri said, atleast 90% of the population would've been killed. Including the innocent mothers and childs. Man wages war, but the common people suffers the most."

I explained everything to Sarada. Every single detail. She stood there, eyes cast down. Her expression changed everytime a truth revealed.