Transcendence

Maybe because of the atmosphere or for the exact moment, Shikadai felt like Boruto really was sent down in earth as a Devil with the power of a God.

Shikadai POV

Thinking back about the strategy to capture Boruto, it felt like a joke.

It was the same as sending few 1 year old to capture a majestic wolf.

The sight infront of me felt like a horror movie.

The atmosphere was calm, the calm before a storm that is. Shinki's motionless body lying helplessly on the ground. Boruto's cold gaze shifted from Shinki to me.

There was no essence of the Boruto that I grew up with, rather it was replaced by a menacing aura. Boruto lifted his right arm, preparing a jutsu to kill us, I thought. There was not a single drop of hope to win against the celestial being right infront us.

I closed my eyes, ready to be taken away from this world.

"Shikadai!"

My eyes instantly shot open.

"Sarada?!"

I looked behind to confirm the owner of the voice.

Sarada and mitsuki rushed towards us, carrying a little bit of hope. No, not the hope to fight against pinnacle of power himself that is right infront of us. But, there was a chance that Boruto might forgive us this one last time.

There were 2 reasons to do so. Firstly, even though he beat the shit out of lord 7th and Uchiha Sasuke, he didn't kill them. Secondly, Sarada was here. Sarada was always special to Boruto. Even though Boruto has a whole new persona, Sarada's existence might change his decision.

Atleast thats what I hope.

Sarada took out her sword from her side and rushed towards Boruto. Whereas, Mitsuki made his way towards shinki, who was between the realm of death and alive. Chocho and Inojin rushed towards the other sand siblings and treated them with whatever medical kits were available.

"Mitsuki, Inojin and Chocho. Take the injured ones and rush back to konoha as soon as possible. Me and Sarada will figure out something." They tried to hesitate for a moment because of my rash decision, but left the area anyways.

My gaze shifted towards the sword dance displayed few yards away from me. I wanted to help Sarada but I would just get in her way.

Sarada's body was tensed up with the unending motion of her foot and hand, her face beaded with sweat. On the other hand, Boruto had a bored expression plastered on his face. His sword style was.......flawless. There was not a single wasted movement and he was basically making Sarada dance in the fight.

I started preparing strategy to escape this area, until the battle folded into next level. Both of them wore an expressionless face. It felt like dolls swinging swords.

I wonder, what Boruto could've been like if he had abandoned this path. I am pretty sure Boruto and Sarada would've been couples by now if only......

"Ahh," Sarada's throaty voice woke me up from the wish-to-be-future. Her whole body was covered with cuts and bruises.

"Shikadai, leave the area while I stall time for you." My eyes widened, and she knew that I wouldn't listen to her.

"I have a plan but you will be caught up in the aftermath. So hurry! Leave!" Sarada added. My whole body just wanted to run away, my mind giving death flags, but I still wanted to be here.