31

" Aye, this is Sameer ji's voice. " One voice shouted.

" —But why will I kill my own brother? " Sameer shot back.

Maya whipped her head at him, her appearance was changing.

Her floral gown was turning in a black salwaar, her high ponytail was replaced with a crown. Her lips, busted so was her face.

Her black dress stained with blood, stinking the arena. Maya's eyes turned white as her body arose in air.

" But Sameer ji, we never said that you killed your brother. " Zoya said.

Sameer shot a glare at her who was grinning cunningly.

" Not one, not two...... Four lives. He killed four innocent souls. " Vikram raised his voice.

Sameer's figure started to tremble with fear, he could see his death coming.

Mahi rose her hand in air as Sameer was thrown down in public arena. A shrill cry escaped his lips as public gasped in fear.

All others— Zoya, Ari, Soha and Vikram stepped down on the ground.

Mahi smiled wickedly as she saw fear in his eyes.

" Tumhe pata hai Sameer, dar. Darr is duniya ki sabse badi achhai aur sabse badi burai hai. Abhi hume teri aankho mein jo darr dikh rahahai, woh kitna sukoon de raha hai. Khair, tum nahi samjho ge. " Sameer felt something dripping down his bangs with a stinking smell.

" Sameer ji to petrol se bhig rahe hai. " Sameer snapped his head at the statement, soon he realised that it was the ultimate truth.

He was dripped wet with petrol as the clicking sound of lighter caught his attention.

" That means, for this many years we hated her for no reason? " The old man gasped.

" Kaka, we owe our apologies to her. " His nephew spoke.

" Chhoti Rani sa " The arena voiced together.

Mahi stopped, her eyes darted towards the crowd.

" Hum sab ko maaf kar do beta, we misunderstood you. " The old voice spoke.

She smiled, " Kaka, bhool aapki nahi hai. Yeh sab is kamine ki kartut hai. " She snarled looking at Sameer who was panicstriken now.

" Maar do isse, par pehle hum jaana chahte hai ki isne kis kis a khoon kiya hai. " The old man said.

Mahi turned to Zoya who nodded her head, her eyes red due to her attempts to hold back tears.

" Zoya ji bataengi aap ko. " Mahi stepped back as Zoya stepped up.

" H–Hume ho sake toh maaf kar dijiye. Humne inka har baar, jaane anjane mein saath diya. Par khuda kasam, inse bada satan humne aaj tak nahi dekha.

Inhone apni khud ki aulaad ko tak nahi choda toh kisi aur ko kya hi chodte " Zoya burst out weeping as she fell on her knees.

The whole crowd felt the grief engulfing them. Yet, all they could do was pity her.

" Itna hi nahi, Jis raat Mahi aur Rishi ka khoon hua. Uss raat Sameer ne Soha ke mama ki bhi hatya ki. Kyunki unhone ise dhamkaya tha. Sach phelne ke darr se isne unhe bhi maar diya. " Vikram glared at Sameer as he completed.

" Dhoka, tum sab ne humare saath dhoka kiya hai. " Sameer roared.

" Humne? Kaisa dhoka? " Zoya stepped ahead with the lighter.

" Tum hi ne inko ye saare sach bataye na? " Sameer gritted his teeth.

" Haa, bataye humne. " Zoya shot back. " Aap jehenum se bhi buri duniya mein jaaye. Khuda hafiz. " With that she threw the lit lighter on the man.

His screams covered the arena as Maya felt her head getting heavy.

" Humara vishwas karne ke liye dhanyavaad. Hum chalte hai, humara yaha ka dharm pura hua. " Mahi's voice echoed over as his screams and soul died down.

" V–Vikram! " Maya muttered before everything blacked out.

┗━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┛

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Radhe Radhe