𝟎𝟒

Author's POV

It was almost four in the morning when Maya found herself shivering with cold.

Being the month of December, atmosphere around her welcomed the winter heartily.

Pulling up her blanket, she tucked her legs in safely.

Within few minutes she drifted back to sleep and Vikram woke up as his phone buzzed with his alarm.

" You nasty piece of shit! " He cursed waking up, he shivered feeling the sudden upheaval of winter.

" We have been travelling for two days, are we gonna reach? " He heard someone murmur in irritation.

He chuckled looking out at the dark, it was dawn. Everything around them was waiting for the sun to rise, light chimming of birds was heard making him smile.

Sudden realisation hit him, they were already in Rajasthan. Two days back they were cursing the unnecessary warmth, and today they begged for one.

" V-Vikram! " Maya shivered.

He chuckled at her, covering her with his blanket too.

She smiled, feeling wrapped with warmth as he kissed her temples before walking in the washroom.

◈ ━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━ ◈

Darkest night of her life, she saw with wide open eyes.
She lost herself, him and everything in a single stab.
The queen for the pride the other day, begged for mercy that night.

◈ ━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━ ◈

" Get down students! We are here! " Their history teacher, Mrs. Murthi informed them.

" When was the last time you had been here? " Maya nudged Vikram.

" Uh.. It has been nine years maybe since I have visited Alwar. " Vikram said thinking for a while.

Maya got down on the station as she could feel the cold wind brushing her cheeks, colder than usual.

Little did she knew, one month could change her life. Forever.

◈ ━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━ ◈

" Are we gonna stay here? " Maya gasped seeing the Royal Palace in front of her.

" Seems like, according to what Mrs. Murthi said. " Vikram nodded.

She could feel the sudden rush of excitement as well as terror inside her.

Her lips curled up in a crooked smile, a feeling of joy and relaxation followed by terror invaded her peace of mind.  

She shrugged it off, ignoring it.

" You shouldn't have. "

┗━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┛

when the wheel of luck turns,
something we lost, we win 
and something we win, we loose.