𝟎𝟕

Mahi.

The only name ringing in her ears.

" Maya! " Vikram shook her.

She flinched and cursed him, " What? I'm calling you since fifty - three seconds. Where are you lost? " He asked.

" Uh.. Nothing. What happened? " Maya shrugged.

" Tomorrow we have to go to the ancient village of Jaipur — Virsher. " He said.

[ A/n : Its an imaginary place. Idk if it exists. ;)]

" Uh.. Fine. " She sighed.

" Aren't you excited? " He asked, his mouth wide open.

" I am so? Should I jump around? " She snapped.

" Easy! Why are you shouting? " Vikram chuckled.

Maya rolled her eyes and slumped down on the chair.

" Don't think much about Mahi and all that stuff. It might be just coincidence. " Vikram sat to her level.

" Hm. "

" Chalo. Sleep now. Or else you'll be sleepy tomorrow. " He kissed her temples walking out of the room.

◈ ━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━ ◈

" Stop running Maya! You're on heels. You'll sprain your ankle. " Vikram yelled from a distance as Maya ran to save the child who was about to fall.

Vikram followed her until he realised that she was saving the child.

" Bachha! " Maya pulled the child back, twisting her leg and landing on ground.

The girl closed her eyes in fear clutching Maya's shirt.

" Aap thik ho? " Maya asked as the cows passed.

The girl nodded getting up from her.

" Maaf kar dijiye jiji. " She stood straight.

" Koii nahi bachha. " Maya yelped trying to stand up, she fell down again.

" Lagta hai aapke pair me moch aa gayi hai, aaiye hum aapki madad kar dete hai. " The little one helped her getting her on feets.

" Aapka naam kya hai? " Maya asked.

" Nirva. " The little girl said.

" Bohot hi achha naam hai. " Maya smiled.

" What? Kaha tha na tumse don't run. " Vikram scolded running to her.

" Bhaiya, yahan paas mein hi mera ghar hai, aap jiji ko leke wahi aaiye. " Nirva said.

" Haan Vicky, I'm even thirsty. " Maya gave her best puppy eyes and Vikram shook his head in disbelief, agreeing.

Both of them reached Nirva's house.

" Dadi sa! " She yelled running inside as Vikram put down Maya.

" Haan Ni— Mahi? "

┗━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┛

Mahi or Maya?