𝟏𝟗

" How are you sure about this? "  Vikram asked sipping his chai.

" My uncle, mother's brother was a servant in the palace till Maya was alive. Many servants dropped their jobs after her death, so did my uncle. " Soha justified.

" Woah. The mysteries are tangling with every new hint. " Vikram scoffed.

" Yea it is. That's the fun. " Soha chuckled so did Vikram.

Present

" Ari, I want to meet Soha. " Maya said.

It was past midnight and she was wandering around in like a ghost.

" Must be in lawn, some time ago Vikram also went there. " Ari yawned.

" Sorry for waking you up, good night. " Maya slipped away from her sight in no time.

Hugging her shawl tighter she entered lawn, greeting with two silhouettes.

" Soha, Vikram. Get in it's chilly outside. " She warned.

" Yes " She heard as the silhouettes faded.

She smiled and turned to walk back, only to bump with a muscular tall figure.

She looked up, in the dark she couldn't figure out the person but she was sure it wasn't Vikram.

" Soha! " She screamed, panicked.

" Shut up! " The large palm covered her mouth.

" If you remember, I know how to hide bodies. Better you shut up. " The deep voice growled dragging her in.

Her fragile body resisted it, futile.

" Maya needs you. VIKRAM QUICK! " Vikram jolted up hearing the cry in his ear.

" Rishi, what happened? " He groaned.

" Sameer will  kill Maya by dawn. Save her! " Rishi growled in panic.

" What the heck? " Vikram slipped in his slippers and slammed the door open rushing out.

2:58 a.m.

" Soha! Soha! " Vikram banged his door with his fist violently.

In no time, the door opened revealing Soha with a novel in his hand.

" What happened? " He looked up his glasses.

" Sameer—Maya—dawn—dead! " Vikram sobbed.

" Oh shoot! " Soha grabbed something from his bag and dragged Vikram along him to the basement.

" H–How do you know that he'll be in basement? " Vikram asked, his eyes mixed with the emotion of horror and surprise.

" You see this? " He waved the tablet in his hand as Vikram nodded.

" This might seem wrong, very much wrong but nothing is right than saving someone's life. I knew that Sameer will be making some predator move, I had attached a tracker on Maya's neck. We can find her. " Soha traced the green light to the last room in the basement.

Maya

I could feel the pain shooting up in my head like never before. Sameer had already tied me on the metal chair and went out.

" Fool of you to think that those punk will reach here. They cannot. " He chuckled maliciously.

He brought the knife near my throat, sweat broke out in my whole body.

I knew he was a psychopath, but I had no idea he could do this with me.

I felt a sting of pain as the knife brushed against my skin, blood dripping out of it. It was a cut, yet not deep enough to kill me.

I.. I don't want burn alive. I.. Don't wanna die.

The cries echoed in my ears as I heard the loud thud before everything blacked out.

Am I dead?

┗━━━━•❅•°•❈ - •°•❅•━━━━┛

Hope y'all liked the chapter.

Radhe Radhe ❤