Chapter 6

It was the last day of the two of your heats and you both were mostly coherent. You guys had food and water but, now the two of you felt sticky and wanted to clean.

"Can we leave the nest like this?" Inosuke was almost back to his normal self but, this heat was a little intense for him, he was rather vulnerable. So were you. Both of you had toiletries and holding each other's hands. Your sense of smell was a bit muted for some reason but, since that normally happened to you at the end of your heats there was no need to panic.

"Yeah, Ino. We can leave it. I like it this way." The two of you were silent as you both padded towards the bathhouses. You both passed Obanai who you both nodded at with smiles. Once in the baths, the two of you dropped the towels, set aside your stuff, and slid into the heated baths. Thank God for money. The two of you let the water soothe your aching joints. The two of you were close to each other hands grazing each other comfortably. 

"I never thought...I would act like this...It's different...I like it." He was playing with your fingers now an adorable flush adorning his face. You smiled at him loving this side of him. It was sweet. 

"I like it too Ino. I'm glad I'm the one you're comfortable enough to be like this around." He gave you a small smile before offering to help wash you. The two of you enjoyed the afterglow of your heat, bathing each other and, scenting each other some more. The two of you got out wrapping up tightly in towels and, taking your toiletries. Holding hands the two of you left the bath area unaware of two sets of eyes watching you guys from the shadows. The two of you walked back towards your room but, a feeling of unease fell upon you. It seemed Ino sensed it as well. 

"Does something feel off?" He had gripped your hand more firmly and, pulled you tightly against his side. Now the two of you were walking almost on top of each other. The trek back to your guy's nest made your feet heavier and, heavier. The two of you stopped in front of the door all the hairs on your body standing on end. You glanced at Ino to see he was rather nervous. Both of you were vulnerable and he didn't have his nichirin blades and, he was sluggish. The two of you glanced down just in time to see a shadow disappear from beneath the door. You felt your heart go to your throat. 

"Run." You mouthed it and, the two of you took off dropping the toiletries while still holding hands. Your other hand was holding your towel to keep it from unraveling as your feet slapped the ground all your instincts screaming danger. Inosuke would never run but, considering the unique circumstances both of you needed help. This sucked. Inosuke suddenly grabbed you and, jumped and that's when you saw two kunai stuck in the wall where you guys just were. 

"Scream Y/N." You had no problem with that. Covering Ino's ears you inhaled letting a loud, high-pitched scream out. You heard cussing and, the sound of knives hitting the floor. You felt tears spring to your eyes from fear. It was the shinobi. Their ears were as sensitive as Tengen's. You screamed again louder for good measure and, that's when you felt before you saw a comforting presence. 

"GYOMEI-SAMA!" The only time Ino would get someone's name right. With no time he jumped straight onto Gyomei who latched onto the two of you tightly. 

"They're here! The two who attacked me! They tried to grab me and Inosuke!" Gyomei wasn't one to get angry but, his anger could be smelled on him. 

"Who tried to grab you?" You turned around to see a pissed-off Sanemi and Genya. They saw that both you and Inosuke were in nothing but towels, frantic and smelling distressed. That didn't sit right. "Why are the two of you in towels? What happened? You both smell frightened." Sanemi was rough but, there was no time to be mean to both of them. They both still smelled like heat too. 

"People in our nest! They had Kunai." Inosuke had melted into Gyomei's arms right along with you. Sanemi and Genya ran ahead towards your room while Gyomei followed behind them. Genya found the kunai showing it to Gyomei who grabbed them and, put it in his back pocket. He made it to your guy's room where Sanemi and Genya were standing outside.