Chapter 3

You were woken up to a presence in your room. You felt them staring at you so when you opened your eyes you were surprised to see Genya staring at you from the door surprised to have been caught.

"Good morning Genya." He was still frozen, red in the face, hand halfway up as if in a sort of greeting. He said nothing as he closed the door and, waited outside for you. You knew he was there because you can smell his embarrassment and, excitement at the same time. You've gotten used to one of the Hashira being here in the morning when you wake up but, it was surprising to see Genya. A nice surprise. You quickly cleaned yourself and, got dressed meeting him out.

"Your hair is pretty..." He was rubbing his neck looking off to the side. He was always so nervous and shy around you. It was endearing really.

"Thank you." You linked your arm with his making his walk falter but, he recovered quickly. You felt him staring at you out the corner of your eyes. When you glanced back at him with a smile he rewarded you with a smile of his own. The two of you walked in silence to the kitchen for breakfast. Aoi saw the two of you giving the two of you a big smile. She wasn't scared of Mitsuri or Genya.

"I got both of your breakfasts ready! It's right there" she pointed to two trays over to the side where Genya grabbed both yours and his walking outside.

"I figured we can eat outside today since it's nice out..." he was still blushing but not as intensely. You agreed and sat almost on top of him. You guys were touching from your hip all the way down to your feet. It was nice and, he didn't move or say anything so he didn't mind either.

"I love eating outside, especially with company." You started talking about everything and nothing as he listened, nodding his head and commenting when needed so you'll know that he was listening to you. He wasn't much of a talker but, it was nice having someone listen to you. To be honest you never thought you can get close to the Hashira, to begin with. They were very closed off, had a lot of respect given and expected, they were at the top of the top, and just everyone wanted to be with them and surrounded by them. They chose to be with you though.

"Why did you stop talking?" You turned to Genya who was staring down at you with an intensity only he and his brother can achieve. You felt yourself getting flustered wanting to hide. So you did by pressing the side of your face into his arm looking back down to your food.

"Just thinking about how...lucky I am in a way that you and the other Hashira chose to be friends with me. Everyone else and, you chose a healer, someone who is not even a demon slayer. I'm flattered and like all of you guys. Sometimes, I guess when I hear other people complaining about me I can understand why they think like that." You were playing with your fingers not wanting to look up. You did though when his anger permeated the air around you. You gripped his arm trying to have him face you while pumping out your own scent to try to get him to calm down.

"Who the hell was it." You resisted a flinch watching as he slowly turned to you his face twisted into a snarl. "Who was it that talked about you. I'll make sure they'll never do it again." Ohhhhh. He was offended on your part. You looked away still holding him and giving out a scent to keep him from blowing up.

"It was just a kakushi with glasses" You let out a yelp being picked up, empty trays left there while Genya walked holding you in his arms while striding with purpose. Neither of you said anything but, the grip he had on you signaled you were NOT being put down anytime soon. The change of scenery showed you that you were in the kakushi wing. Oh no. He slammed open the door with his free hand startling all of the kakushi that were in there. 

"Where's the glasses person." He was seething and, has yet to let you go. You didn't let go of him either. They were all trembling and, blubbering until someone literally threw the one who has been talking about you at his feet. He quickly stood up pushing his glasses back up his face. In a swift movement, he was grabbed by his neck and, brought eye to eye with the Fang Pillar. "If I ever hear you even mention her name again it'll be the last thing you'll ever do. Stay in your place scum." He threw him back into the crowd of Kakushi. He turned still holding you and, slammed the door closed. He started walking briskly back to where you guys were