Chapter 10

A/N: Canon divergence. Asahi belongs to me

-------------------------------------------------------------

You're not sure when everything that started happening actually started but, you were opposed to none of it. You and Inosuke bonded with Aoi and, it was a whole new wave of emotions. She was not good at controlling her emotions internally even though externally she wore a mask the way Shinobu does. That was something the three of you worked on as much as possible considering all of you were still young and, had a lot to learn. Besides that everyone was training relentlessly because it was coming closer and closer to the final fight. The Hashira's were busy going through training.

"You got this Inosuke" You rubbed your nose with him before he was sent off to do training with Giyu. Normally Giyu wouldn't participate in the training but, Tanjiro was a good motivator. Shinobu kept to her lab and, was doing a lot of research and medicines to help weaken Muzan with a nice lady demon named Tamayo. You prayed it worked. You prayed they all come back alive. You don't care if they're missing limbs or riddled with scars. You wanted them to be alive

"What specific of training do they have to do anyway?" You turned to Aoi who was working hard in the kitchen to make sure every single demon corps member including the Hashira ate something.

"Tengen does basic training, Mitsuri handles flexibility training, Muichiro deals with quick movement training, Obanai does sword skill revision, Sanemi and Genya do pounding training- exactly what I said- and Gyomei trains muscle reinforcement. Giyu is helping around somewhere and, we both know what Shinobu is doing with Kanao." She smiled at that. Kanao was a smart girl. They can hopefully figure something out. You were doing your own research too. Nichirin blades were already the best weapons for fighting demons however, the Hashira's will be fighting Muzan and, the rest of the uppermoons. You read up on every single poison book in the Ubuyashiki Estate, Rengoku Estate, and here to find the best concoction to use on the blades. 

"No wonder they're coming in here looking like they got rocked by death." You both smirked at that "They need to take a page out of Tanjiro and Inosuke's book." You both snickered continuing dinner as you thought about what you were doing. You had made a serum that'll you'll coat all of their weapons in. It's a combination of wisteria with the serum used to weaken Muzan. Even if the weapon so much as grazes the demons it'll weaken them. You needed them to win. You needed them to live. You also were working on something else with Shinobu's, Nezuko's, Tamayo's, and Yushiro's blood as well as the serum for Muzan. Tamayo made an abundance when you told her of your ideas and, she had given you a few samples. It was more than enough.

"Aoi I want to tell you something." You had overheard Shinobu talking about this with Kanao in private and, it nearly broke your heart in two. She was talking about sacrificing herself since her blood is poison to demons and Kanao has a better chance of cutting off Doma's head. Uppermoon 2, the one who killed Kanae. "I overheard Shinobu talking of sacrificing herself to Doma so Kanao can have a better chance of cutting his head off. Her poisonous blood will severely weaken him." Aoi was biting her lip hard taking deep breaths. You both cared for Shinobu on different levels. "I'm working on something that'll hopefully she doesn't have to do that."

"What is it? Can I help? I know a lot about medicine, you know this!" You smiled at her whispering everything in her ear about what you plan on doing. Her eyes widened in amazement. "Do you think the demon is willing to do this?" The demon you were talking about was one of the Twelve Kizuki but, for reasons unknown years ago left and, got out of Muzan's control. He was able to be undetected for years and, actually really likes humans. You met him on one of your runs a couple of years ago and have been meeting up with him to talk ever since.