Friendship/Friendzone

A Short Rosekook au!

Park Chaeyoung is a hopeless romantic who likes reading love books, rain, and for the last few months - Jeon Jungkook.

She first saw him at one of their friend's meetings, and since then, she caught herself stealing glances at him whenever she sees him here and there.

Watching him she learned that they have the same music taste, similar fashion styles, and even the same preferences. NO, SHE WASN'T STALKING HIM! It just happened that she was in the right place and time.

Unfortunately for her, she didn't have a chance yet to get closer, they know each other only formally, but Chaeyoung wants to change that. From all the rom-com books and movies she has read and seen, Chaeyoung knows that she first needs to become friends with him.

So next time when their friends gathered together she collected all her courage and approached him.

"H-hi!", she trembled, too nervous that he won't talk with her, but she was wrong. Jungkook greeted her with a smile.

"Hi!", his voice was enthusiastic, he was waiting for her to continue her talk, but the moment she saw his smile and the way he was gazing at her from his height she got lost.

"Would you like to help me with the grill? Looks like our friends are too busy with other things...", he saved her from her stuck point. Chaeyoung nodded cheerily and followed him.

While grilling the meat, they chit-chatted about the little things they both like. Chaeyoung didn't even notice how her nervousness disappeared and she was talking and smiling freely with him. He was warm and windy so she enjoyed every single moment. Jungkook even cut slices of meat for her. She was gladly accepting them, humming in approval of the good taste.

Their friends who got hungry while waiting for the meat approached them and got shocked.

"Ya! Little gluttons! Where's the meat?", asked an angered Jimin startling the two who looked at them with big eyes gulping the meat. Both Jungkook and Chaeyoung didn't notice how they almost, finished all the meat.

"I told you guys to not let them around the grill!", he complained.

Chaeyoung lowered her head with a pout, balancing on one leg with her hands clasped at the back. Jungkook just looked at her, noticing how cute she was.

"What do you mean?", an more outraged Jennie interfered, "That our Chaeng eats too much? Look at her! Do you see how thin she is? She is still a baby, she needs more food to grow!",

"The one who needs to grow is you...", Jimin mumbled under his breath,

"Did you just call me SHORT?", she was ready to fight for her reputation

"Guys! We have extra meat in the car... exactly for this sort of situation", Namjoon interrupted preventing WW3 to start.

Chaeyoung and Jungkook's eyes light up at the words "more meat". The great peacemaker Namjoon let out a sigh of relief it was that close to a catastrophe.

The night continued with them playing and singing in karaoke. Finally when Chaeyoung got a chance to be alone with Jungkook she asked

" Jungkook... Can we meet this week too?...", fidgeting she asked shyly, "Only two of us!", she said it quickly and closed her eyes,

" Sure! I'll pick you up after classes!", she looked up at him and was met by his ones. Chaeyoung felt her cheeks heat up, he was so charming.

"Won't you be tired? You have many assignments, club work, and even volleyball...", she stopped talking in panic, " Stupid Chaeyoung! Now he will think you are a creepy stalker!"