Was it love? - 3

For Chaeyoung her parents are the most precious in her life. They always supported her and made all that they could to give her the things she wanted, her abroad studies for example.

When she got back from work hunting, which was unsuccessful, she didn't find her parents at home, they were missing... not a single message or phone call...

It was very odd... so she waited for 24 hours but no news, that's why she went to the police station to declare her parents lost.

 " Why aren't you accepting my report?" she said frustrated at the officer's refusal

" Listen, lady,... I have told you already... maybe they are just out for a walk or visiting someone..."

" MY Parents would never leave without telling me... they may be in danger right now! " she shouted at him, her eyes were red from anger

" Listen, miss! If you don't leave right now, I'll arrest you for insulting the law enforcement officer! Leave!"

Chaeyoung let out a sigh and looking defeated and disappointed at him she turned around and left slamming the door.

Reaching home she started to cry, what if something bad will happen to them? Sniffing she took out her phone, searching for a certain contact, and dialed the number

"Hello, babe! Missed me?" his voice was cheery, it was clear that he was happy for her call

" Taehyung..." her voice unlike his was hoarse, sad

" What happened?" he became serious, you could sense the worry in his voice

" My parents... please help me..." she sounded despaired and scared

" Where are you?..."

Chaeyoung thought it was the right decision if the police won't help then she'll ask the one who can... she wants her parents to be safe and back...

***************************

Taehyung brought Chaeyoung to his penthouse, he assured her that this way she would be safer, while she was here, Soobin would take care of the cafe, so she didn't have to worry. He was keeping her in his arms while soothing her whimpers, and she felt safe... she was sure that Taehyung will help her.

The next day, Chaeyoung woke up in a large bed, she was covered with a fluffy duvet. Slowly she got up and headed towards the door, opening it slowly she heard an oddly familiar voice. So she runs to the source of it.

There, in the living room, Chaeyoung sees her parents, safe, talking to Taehyung.

 "Mom ... Dad ..." she runs in their arms, hugging them tightly and she cries, " I thought that I lost you, that I would never see you again"

"Shh, it's okay honey, we are safe now..." her father comforted her, rubbing her spine in calming circles. Taehyung was watching them in silence. After a minute or two they broke the hug.

" I am so grateful to you..." her voice was soft, she approached him and took his hand in hers " You found them so fast... I dont even know how to thank you..."

Taehyung smiled at her genuinely, " It was my enemies... they tried to get to me through you and your parents... and if you want to thank me, you can just go out on a date with me..."

Chaeyoung chuckled, shaking her head: " You aren't giving up ... but I'll go out with you..." she said smiling back at his grin that was expanding on his face. What Chaeyoung didn't know at that time is that it won't be their last date, it was just the beginning of their relationship...