22 - FIRST PRACTICE

"Welcome to the team!" The Anaguma boys volleyball team second and third years cheered, grinning at their new first years who had just received their track jacket and pants.

"Thank you so much! We'll work hard and become just as great as you!" Sorey said, causing them to laugh and slap his back.

"We believe in you!"

"Come on you guys, we have practice to do." Reijiro reminded them, being in charge since the coach was sick that day.

"Right, let's get started. Yusei-kun, you're up." Nishioka told the ace, so he nodded. Instructing everyone to get their running shoes on, they made a lap around campus.

"You're lucky we only did one, we normally do three." Sanada patted Jiga on the back as he panted. His eyes widened.

"Three times?!"

"Yeah, what? You don't think you can handle it?" Yusei asked as he walked past them, not even breathing hard. "We up it to two tomorrow."

"How many days a week do we practice?" Jiga demanded, and Yusei threw him a smirk.

"Everyday."

Narrowing his eyes, the first year scoffed. "Must be pretty desperate to practice that much, maybe you aren't as good as-"

"Finish that sentence." Arinori growled, having swooped in from thin air and grabbed Jiga's collar, glaring into his eyes as the other seemed surprised.

"What did I ever do to you?" He asked in confusion right before Yusei spoke.

"Arinori, back off."

"But sir, he is disrespecting you and the team, I don't believe-"

"I said back off." Yusei's eyes flashed, and immediately all parties involved shuddered. Doing as told, Arinori returned to Yusei's side as Shino and Reijiro joined her. "Come, we have a practice to do."

"Yes my lord." Reijiro bowed, making Jiga raise an eyebrow. "We're doing servers verses receivers. First receivers are going to be the Demon King, Sanada and Nishioka. Everyone else go serve."

"What's up with the three managers and Udai?" Jiga asked Ozaki as they jogged to the other side.

"They're his minions." The male shrugged, "he beat them up so they've pledged themselves to him. That's the story anyway."

Jiga hummed, his eyes on Yusei. They stared at each other challengingly before the first serve was called. "Servers get a point if they shank, it's a 1 or 0, or if it's an ace. It's a wash if it's a 2. It's a point for the receivers if it's a perfect pass or a missed serve. Whoever gets to seven first wins."

"Got it." Both sides nodded, mostly having done it before except for the first years. The first serve was received nicely by Sanada, but it was marked as a 2 so it was a wash.

The next was served at Nishi, who received it with his hands. It was also marked as a two. "Sorry, not high enough." He apologized.

"Watch float." Yusei told his two companions as Mikleo stepped up to serve. The two nodded, stepping forward slightly.

The first year did his jump float, sending it over the net flying towards Yusei. Moving so that the ball was coming right towards him, he received it with his hands.

"That's a three, good job!" Shino called, making Mikleo curse.

"Guess that's why everyone was avoiding him with their serves." Mikleo decided, and Sorey nodded in agreement.

"Yeah no kidding! No wonder everyone calls him the demon king! Mikleo we're so lucky we get to play with him!"

"You're right about that." The white haired male chuckled, patting his childhood best friend on the shoulder.