8 - NATIONALS START

"Shut up."

"I didn't even say anything!"

"Your eyes said it all." Kentaro sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "We haven't been a powerhouse team for a while so we haven't gotten much in the way of school fund support." He explained, making Yusei frown.

"That sucks. Almost as much as this hotel."

"I said shut up."

"And I ignored you. What are room assignments?"

"You're with Tajima since you'd make a fuss if you weren't."

"Good thing you realize that." Yusei snickered before yelling at Tajima. "WE BE ROOMIES KADO-KUN!"

"FOR REAL UDAI-KUN?!"

"FOR REAL KADO-KUN!"

"Would you two shut up and go to your room already? I'm sorry to say this but Iwasaki, you're with them as well as Arakawa."

"I'M WITH THEM TOO?!"

"FUCK YEAH ARAKAWA!"

"Welcome to hell, me." Iwasaki sighed, walking behind the three energizer bunnies.

"Nah, more like welcome to heaven amirite Udai-kun?" Tajima teased, bumping the poor soul. Yusei laughed.

"Definitely hell for him."

"Iwaaaaaaaaaaa I'm sleeping with youuuu!"

"I CALL UDAI-KUN!"

"FUCK YEAH LET'S GO KADO-KUN!"

"Fuck you Arakawa."

"Heyyyyyy that's meaaaaan!"

"I feel so bad for him," Akagi muttered, shaking his head. "It was nice knowing him."

"Rest in peace Iwasaki-san." Miyake joined, the two folding their hands and looking up at the sky. Kentaro slapped the back of their heads.

"Idiots." He grumbled, then named the other room assignments.

"Lights out by nine, asleep by no later than ten, understand?" Coach Kanai told them, and they nodded.

"Yes sir!"

"Kay kay~"

"Udai-kun, your manners are atrocious."

"I know, it's part of my charm~" Yusei smirked as the coach and Kentaro facepalmed.

"Just leave please." Kanai had had enough so he kicked all of the players out of his room, sighing as he collapsed on the bed. "he is such a handful."

"Duuude let's jam out until 9:59 tonight just to piss everybody off!" Arakawa suggested gleefully.

"Dude bet!" Tajima grinned, only for Yusei to groan loudly as he flopped onto one of the beds.

"Nu uh, you are not messing with my sleep. You do that I kick you out of the room."

"Thank god." Iwasaki murmured, collapsing on the other bed.

"Fiiiiiiine." Tajima sighed sadly.

"Tajima can you believe the first day of nationals is tomorrow?!"

"Fuck yeah Kawa! Can't wait to keep some ass, know what 'm sayin~"

"Kado-kun turn on some tunes, I'm sick of your voices."

"Fuck you Udai-kun!"

"No thanks."

"Haha rejected~"

"Fuck you too!"

"Sorry bro, I'm only gay for Iwa!"

"... Udai-kun can we switch bed partner's please?"

"Sure."

"NUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

~•~

The next day they headed to the Tokyo Metro Gym, all decked out in their school track uniforms.

The opening ceremony bored the hell out of Yusei, he literally yawned 48 times. Yes, he kept track. "You look dead, man.." Nishi muttered as the team stretched.

"I feel dead. That opening thingy really killed my vibe." Yusei grumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"I know how to fix that!" Tajima grinned, a glint in his eyes as he pulled a Bluetooth speaker out of nowhere.

"Bet." Yusei smirked, already feeling better as he put it on the ground and connected his phone. Shuffling his playlist, the team started vibing as they stretched.

"Come on guys--what the actual--" Coach Kanai walked in, blinking several times. Kentaro was literally the only one still stretching, everyone else either jamming or carrying Yusei like the king he was.

They all stopped as the coach came in, giving him a sheepish look as they stopped and put Yusei down. "It's time?" Kentaro asked, getting the group back on track.

Clearing his throat, the coach nodded. "Yes, are you guys ready?"

"Fuck yeah." The Udai squad (Arakawa, Tajima and Him) said in unison. Everyone else chuckled before stepping up to join them.

"What they said."

"LET'S GO KICK SOME AAAASSSS!"

So the Anaguma volleyball club team headed to the gym, they were on the last court to the right. They were going to very playing a random school (I'm not gonna make up a name atm cause I'm lazy), but they were all prepared for it to be a tough match.

Yusei had his chin up as they walked onto the court. He could tell their opponents weren't threatened by them, which made him smirk.

It is going to be a fun game.

~•~

People were starting to notice them after they won in straight sets. Bokuto and Akaashi had shown up for the second set, and then stayed after to congratulate Yusei on the win.

"Where's Tetsurō-kun?" Yusei asked, to which Bokuto shrugged.

"Didn't make the cut."

"That sucks." He replied, not dwelling long on it as he continued, "When is your game?"

"At seven." Akaashi responded.

"You're a first year too right?" Yusei smiled, to which the setter nodded. "Cool, just wanted to make sure. Don't bully him Kotaro-kun."

"Why would I bully him?!"

"I don't know, just don't do it. Anyway, see ya~" Yusei waved, dismissing them as he went to his normal pose and started walking towards where his teammates were.

"He's pretty cold, isn't he?" Bokuto frowned, "How I wanna beat that smirk off his face."

"Calm down Bokuto-san." Akaashi sighed, patting his arm before turning the opposite direction. "Come on, we should rejoin the others."

"Oh, right! You're always right Akaashi! You're so awesome!"

"Thank you."

As Yusei was walking, his arm bumped into someone. He didn't say anything, just kept walking until a hand on his shoulder stopped him. "Kinda rude to bump into someone and not apologize, don't ya think?" A player from another team gave him a look. The brunette dead panned.

"I don't apologize for every little thing that goes wrong. Now get out of my face." he grumbled, shrugging the person's hand off and continuing on his way.

"You got told." Someone almost identical smirked slightly at the other male, who shrugged.

"And I didn't even do anything." The twin chuckled as the two watched the first year, just like them, leave. "Anaguma huh? Doesn't that mean Badgers?"

"Yeah," The other twin nodded, "must be pretty mean, both in words and play. Can't wait to go against them."

"Yeah," The first smirked, "Might be just the challenge we've been waiting for."

(Guess who?)