1 - FIRST DAY START

"You excited for the first day of school, Yusei?" Kana Udai asked as her son sat at the table eating.

"Mhm." Yusei hummed, still chewing as he glanced at his mother. He wasn't actually excited though, who would be excited for school?

The only thing that excited him anymore was volleyball.

"Okay, I also packed an extra binder in case you need it. Is there anything else you need or-"

"I'm good to go." Yusei mumbled, standing up and putting his dish into the sink. "I'll see you after school."

"Yes, have a good day. Try not to get into any fights this time."

"Not my fault."

"If you throw the first punch then yes it is your fault. I thought you were the provoker, not the provoked."

"In volleyball I am!"

"Disappointment." Her mom shook her head as Yusei groaned.

"So troublesome.." He grumbled, grabbing his bag before heading out the door. It had been a few years since the boy had discovered that he was trans, and luckily his family had supported it and assisted in any way they could. He had to wait another year before he could start hormone therapy, but he supposed that he'd survive that period of time.

Besides, being a girl never really suited him, especially where volleyball was concerned. Don't get him wrong, he thought the girls were fun to play with and all but at the same time, it was kind of dull. They weren't anywhere near his level, and so when they had moved from Miyagi to Kanagawa, he had the chance to introduce himself as a his desired gender.

The school system went along with it because they respected trans rights, which was nice for him. He transfered the second year of middle school, and joined the boy's volleyball team.

Because he wasn't as tall as some of the other boys there, and couldn't jump nearly as high, he trained every day. From that training, he managed to become one hell of a jumper.

Yusei topped his class his third year of middle school and most of the basketball guys at 350cm while they were all around 345cm.

If you ever ask him, he will never admit it but the reason he got into volleyball was because of his big brother Tenma.

He was the boy's superstar, his tiny giant. But now, he loathes him to the bottom of his heart. All because Tenma gave up his love of volleyball.

Yusei would understand if he didn't play as much as before, at least playing for fun sometimes. But no, Tenma Udai focuses on his job drawing. There was no way that was more fun than volleyball, Yusei told himself and his brother on many occasions.

Sighing as he tried to rid his brain of the memory of his stupid older brother who had fallen out of love with volleyball, Yusei glanced up at the school.

He was right outside the gates and it was almost time for school to start. Heading to his class, he sat down in the back and propped his feet up and put his hands behind his head comfortably.

"Excuse me, could you please put your legs down? It's not very proper to-"

"Nah." Was all Yusei said, startling the other person.

"Huh?"

"Nah. Don't want to. Deal with it." Yusei shrugged, smirking at the person in front of him who seemed flabbergasted.

"Alright, that's enough Udai," The appearance of the teacher did nothing to quell his smirk, but the teacher smirked back. "Let's not have a repeat of last year, shall we?"