3 - CONFESSION

It had been a week and a half since the start of school and Yusei already had the reputation of a bad boy. Not to mention he had fangirls.

Yusei both loved that fact but also couldn't wrap his mind around why. He wasn't that special, he wasn't that hot, but at the same time he wasn't complaining.

... It wasn't until Thursday that Yusei started complaining about fangirls.

It began when Kisekio asked to talk to him about something on the roof during lunch. Since she was their manager, Yusei didn't think anything of it and agreed.

"Hey where are you going?" One of his acquaintances asked, as they usually ate together in the classroom.

"Going to talk to my team manager about something, I'll be back before lunch is over." He explained, so the dude nodded.

"Kay~ later Udai, don't have too much fun~" He teased, which made the boy roll his eyes as he exited the classroom.

Heading to the roof, Yusei assumed that some others from the team would be there. However, when he arrived, it was only Kisekio. "Hey." Yusei greeted casually, his hands behind his head in his usual pose.

"Hi!" Kisekio squeaked, causing him to furrow his eyebrows. Did she just squeak? Yusei asked himself as he nodded to the manager.

"So what did you need to talk to me about?" He asked, wanting to go eat his lunch and get this over with.

"Um, I know this isn't really appropriate but... I really like you!" Kisekio told him passionately, causing Yusei's eyes to widen in shock.

Holy shit, he was getting confessed to. By his manager, no less!

"A-and I was hoping we could go out sometime... You can totally say no though!" Kisekio reassured him.

Yusei sighed, running a hand through his hair before putting his hands on his hips and giving the girl in front of him a look. "So you like me as in romantically?"

"Y-yes.." She stammered.

That made him sigh, "Listen Kisekio-san, you cannot tell anyone this," Yusei told her sternly as he stepped towards her. The action made the girl gulp and nod.

"O-okay!"

"I'm trans." He whispered in her ear, and Kisekio's eyes widened.

"Huh?!"

"Yeah." Yusei unbuttoned the top of his shirt, revealing the binder around his chest. "Unless you're not into dick and/or want kids, this probably won't work."

Kisekio was in shock as she stared at the first year in front of her. She had thought he was so cool, so confident, and of course she had a thing for bad boys so she fell for him.

Only, it wasn't a him?!

"You can't tell anyone, you can just say I'm gay or something if anyone asks." Yusei suggested as he rebuttoned his shirt. "Anyway, mind if I go now?"

"Sure! Um, sorry to bother you.." Kisekio looked down in disappointment. This made the other sigh, patting her on the head which made her look up.

"I trust you with this secret, don't break it." Yusei winked, which made Kisekio blush.

"Uh, right!"

~•~

"Hey, so what happened with the confession?" Iwasaki asked as he, Arakawa and Kisekio walked to the gym together.

"Oh yeah, how'd it go?" Arakawa asked enthusiastically. "From your expression it doesn't look like it went well."

"No! No, it went fine, it's just.." Kisekio trailed off, remembering she couldn't tell them that Yusei was a girl in disguise or whatever trans people were.

"Just..?"

"She's gay!" Kisekio cried, then covered her mouth as she realized what she had said. "He's gay!"

"You said she." Iwasaki's eyes narrowed.

"I-I meant he!"

"What's going on out here?" Yusei asked as he peaked out from the gym, Tajima joining him. "Quite the racket~ harassing Kisekio-san?"

"No of course not!" Arakawa immediately shook his head, holding his hands up in defense. "She was just telling us-"

"-you're a girl."

All action ceased at the revelation, and Yusei's glare rivaled the words angry and scary down to a T.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to..." Kisekio fell to her knees. "Please forgive me!"

Rolling his eyes, he reached down and helped Kisekio back up. "How exactly was this information revealed?"

"She said, and I quote, "She's gay!" End quote." Iwasaki said, crossing his arms. "We asked how the confession went."

"I see," Yusei sighed. "I forgive you, it was a very small slip up."

"We should talk about this." Tajima suggested as Kentaro and a few other players came out.

"Agreed." Iwasaki nodded.

"I probably wouldn't have said anything if Iwa hadn't pointed it out." Arakawa muttered to Yusei, who shrugged.

"Doesn't matter." The first year grumbled.

"Alright let's go have a chat." Tajima said, and Kentaro gestured over to a corner of the gym.

Everyone sat down in a circle, watching Yusei and Kentaro to see what would happen. "You kept something from us that is vitally important."

"Yeah, and I apologize." Yusei said, "but I don't regret what I did. You guys can chose what you want to do." He told them, but still looked pretty sour about the whole incident.

It was silent for a few minutes as everyone looked around, not wanting to be the first to speak. Then, Tajima stood. "Fuck your sex man, you're the best fucking player here and I'll be damned before you leave."

"Same here." Nishi stood up, nodding at him with a smile. "No matter your gender, you're a part of this team now."

"Even if this is technically against the rules," Iwasaki muttered, standing. "I'll stand by you."

"Is it actually against the rules though?" Karaoke questioned softly.

"What's going on in here? Why aren't you practicing?" The coach appeared, scaring the living daylights out of everyone.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SO SILENT BOSS MAN?!" Tajima demanded as he clutched his chest.

"I've already explained that." Genichi Kanai rolled his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"Kanai, we have a slight problem but we decided we're going to ignore it." Arakawa said, which caught his attention.

"What do you mean?"

"Udai is a girl." Kentaro explained, causing the coach's eyes to widen. Before he could finish, Yusei interrupted.

"Trans man, thank you. There is a difference."

"...right. Anyway, we're going to keep him, no matter the risks."

"Uh-alright then," Kanai blinked, then turned serious. "Make sure this stays under wraps. No one outside of volleyball can know, and it's his gender so no one really has a right to know anyway unless he decides to tell them."

"You got it." They all nodded. "It's not going to be hard, no one even suspected Udai was a girl. I doubt that's going to change."

"Not a girl."

"Uh, right, sorry. Trans man."

"The only reason it got out was because Kisekio goofed." Arakawa snickered, causing the manager to pout at him.

"I didn't mean to! It was too much stress!"

"Uhhuh, suuuure."

"I really was trying not to! Stop laughing at me!"

Yusei chuckled as a few of the team were belly laughing at Kisekio while everyone else was just watching the spectacle with a smile.