5 - LEVEL CLEARED

"I can't believe you actually got seven blocks in a row." Tajima shook his head as he, Kuroo and Yusei walked down the hallway towards the rooms.

"Not that hard really," Yusei shrugged. "I'm kinda disappointed in myself for not getting ten, but hey, I still won the bet." He shot a look at Kuroo, who grimaced.

"I am never going to underestimate you again." He grumbled, making the two others laugh.

"I bet you won't. Now my servant, I require height." Yusei declared, making him sweat drop.

"If you wanted a piggyback ride all you had to do was say it out right, not whatever that weird thing was." Kuroo rolled his eyes, but crouched so that the first year could get on his back.

"Hey hey heyyyyyyyyyy what's up guyssss? Oh heyyyy it's the one with the awesome jump! What's up bro?" A silver haired dude greeted, jogging to catch up with them.

"Hey Bokuto! How's it going with you? Still salty over your loss today?" Tajima snickered as Bokuto gasped in remembrance.

"Oh yeah! Hey, it wasn't fair! That kid's like super talented!"

"So are you, you dumb owl." Kuroo rolled his eyes.

"You say that again!"

"No, bad cat!" Yusei hit Kuroo's head, making him wince. "Now onwards! I require food!"

"Whatever you say your majesty." Kuroo grumbled, sighing as he began walking towards the cafeteria.

"Uhhhh what happened there? Why's he doing that huh?" Bokuto asked Tajima as they watched them go.

"He lost a bet, so he's at his beck and call for the rest of the weekend." He explained, causing the owl's eyes to widen.

"Daaaaang that sucks! Anyway, gotta get back before Akaashi gets worried~" Bokuto sighed dreamily before skipping off.

Tajima sweatdropped.

~•~

"Hey, Kenma!" Kuroo called, jogging to catch up with his best friend. Yusei walked calmly behind him, in his usual pose.

"Oh, Kuro." The dark haired male glanced up from his video game. "Hi."

"How are you still playing that?" The older cat asked, glancing over his shoulder.

"I almost have it." Kenma muttered, continuing the game. "Just three more hours.."

"That's some dedication right there." Yusei chuckled as he also looked over the other first year's shoulder. "Can I try?"

"Sure." Kenma handed the device to him, not actually looking at the dude. Kuroo raised an eyebrow.

Taking the game, Yusei started moving the buttons. In less than a minute, he handed it back with the status "Level Cleared".

"How'd you win?" Kenma asked, shocked.

"At the tail end of watching you, I noticed-" Then he went on to explain how he beat the boss, making Kuroo chuckle as Kenma stared at the other first year, wide eyed. "Well anyway, I should go. Later you two." Yusei waved as he went back to his usual pose and trode towards the Anaguma room.

"Kuro, who is he?"

"That's Yusei Udai." The black haired cat explained. "And he's one hell of a jackass. I might learn a thing or two for next year from him."

"What year is he?"

"Uhhhh, first I think."

A new light was brought to Kenma's eyes as he watched Yusei walk away. A slight smile appeared on his face as he held his game to his chest and started for the rooms as well.

"I'll be damned." Kuroo chuckled, shaking his head.

~•~

"You sure you don't mind sleeping in here with us?"

"Nah, why would I?"

"Because you're a girl, Udai-kun."

"I keep saying I'm a trans man yet none of you seem to hear me."

"I hear you! Guys, Yusei is a guy just like the rest of us so stop with the girl talk!"

"Exactly, thank you!"

"Besides, if he goes somewhere else it could draw suspicion."

"I didn't know you were so smart Taro-kun~"

"Shut up."

"Awwwww don't be like tha-hey!"

"I'll do it again."

"FIGHT ME BITCH!"

"What did I just walk into?"

"Hiragi-san and Udai-kun starting a pillow fight, that's what."

"Which side are you on?! You're either with us or against us peasants!"

"I'm with ya Udai-kun!"

"For the captain!"

"What in the-"

"Oop-" Everyone stopped as the coach got hit with a pillow. Holding their breaths, they slowly backed away.

"RAWR!"

"AHHHHH!"

"He's got a weapon! Prepare to defend! Protect the captain!"

"Take them down!"

"For the coach!"

"Ahhhh!"

"Sounds like they're having fun in there." The captain of Nekoma chuckled as he and the other boys of Nekoma chilled in their room next to Anaguma's.

"Can we go join?!" Yaku asked excitedly.

"Fuck yeah we can join." The captain smirked. Soon enough, the Anaguma pillow fight turned into the training camp pillow war.

Everyone practically passed out after the war, exhausted. The coaches also hit the hay pretty hard as well since most of them participated too.

Sometime during the night, Yusei found himself surrounded by his teammates, almost like a protective barrier. He smiled slightly before cuddling back into Kentaro's chest and letting his legs tangle with Tajima's.

In the morning, everyone was extremely well rested and energized for the last day of training camp. Kuroo had to carry Yusei around all day, Kenma going with them but not talking and just playing his game.

In the end, Anaguma had the most wins as they said goodbye. "I can't wait to play against you for real." Kuroo smirked as he and Yusei clasped hands.

"Make it to nationals and you'll get your shot." Yusei smirked back.

"It's a deal."

"Hey hey heyyyy Yusei-kun! I'm gonna beat your ass next time we play!"

"Not with how easy to read you are, Kōtarō-kun."

"Hey!!! I'm not easy to reeaad!"

"Yeah you kinda are owl boy."

"You shut up!"

"You wanna go?"

"No." Yusei pushed them away from each other. "We're leaving, be civil for the love of God."

"Whatever." The two pouted with their arms crossed, not looking at each other. Yusei sighed, shaking his head.

"See you later weirdos." He waved before getting onto the bus. Nekoma waved as the other teams drove away, and the captain put his hands into his hips and looked up to the sky.

"See you at nationals, Anaguma."