13 - PRACTICE GAMES

"Yo." The court went silent as the new person stepped into the gym, their hands in their pockets as they chewed their gum.

"Ah, welcome back Udai-kun. I trust you learned your lesson this time?" The coach Kanai asked, standing up to greet his player.

Yusei smirked, blowing a bubble. "Yeah, man it suuuuuucked not being able to play with you guys this last month."

"I bet, nice to have you back Yusei!" Kataoka grinned, the two fist bumping before Yusei put down his stuff.

It had been two months since nationals, and the third years had officially retired from the club. "Might as well go out with a bang." Tajima had said with a laugh.

They had a new line up now; it was nowhere near as strong but they were still a force to be reckoned with. "Dude I still can't believe you got suspended, I need to keep you on a shorter leash." Nishioka sighed, and Yusei laughed.

"I'd like to see you try, Yoshi-kun~ besides, it was his fault for opening his dumb mouth."

"Why are you so violent?" The new captain sighed, "how did Hiragi-san ever deal with you?"

"I don't know, why can't you?" Yusei smirked, then slung his arm over his shoulder. "Relax, it was a one time thing! Plus it was my first fight so.."

"As long as you don't do it again, we need you on the court, not at your house Demon King." Nishioka grumbled to him.

"I gotchu muh dude, we are going to kick ass. Just because I was suspended doesn't mean I wasn't practicing~" The ace snickered.

"Quit chatting and start practicing! I'm looking at you Demon King!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say Genichi-kun~"

~•~

"Thank you for having us!" The Anaguma team bowed as they came into the gym. Shiratorizawa lined up and bowed to them as well, thanking them for coming.

"Yusei-kun!"

"Satori-kun!"

"He hasn't shut up about him since he found out you guys were coming." Eita grumbled to Nishioka, who laughed.

"Have you tried it in any games yet?!"

"Duh! Used it in the finals, worked wonders! People are so easy to read."

"I know right?!"

"I see your third years have skipped out too." Yusei glanced around, and Tendou nodded.

"Yep, but they were definitely not needed as much as Wakkun is, and now that he's captain, everything is gonna be smooth sailing~" He grinned, and Yusei smirked back with a tick mark on his temple.

"Not too smooth with us here."

"Oh yeah, wanna bet?"

"Guys knock it off."

"We're here to play volleyball not diss the opposing team."

"Can't we do both?"

"You can on the court."

"Aw man."

So with that, Tendou and Yusei bid each other good luck before going to their own sides and putting on the provided practice jerseys.

They played nine games, and at the end everyone was so exhausted that Washijo, somehow finding goodness in his heart, allowed them to stay the night at Shiratorizawa.

"That works, we have a practice match with Aoba Johsai tomorrow anyway." Coach Kanai agreed happily.

"YUSEI YOU'RE SLEEPING WITH ME!"